Log6- All we are,is broken glass

Pull, twist, loop, repeat. I memorized the pattern as Lewis wove my hairs into braids. Humming along to the music playing from Lewis' alarm clock, taking a peek at the clock, I read the time. 5am, questions bubbled to the surface about my existence, but I let them boil over and simmer, I had something, someone, to focus on. I leaned over and turned on the nightstand light.
"Can you see a bit better now?"
"Yep, thanks Kam."
I smiled, though he couldn't see it.
"No problem Lewis."
I thought to ask about the call, but again I just let it simmer.
"All done."
I felt the two braids, so delicately woven, no loose strands, tied off at the ends with bows. I turned around and Lewis' smile faltered.
"You feel okay Kam, your cheeks are red."
He cupped my cheek with his cold fingers, and I pressed my hand onto his,
"I feel fuzzy....good fuzzy."
I looked into his light chocolate eyes, hoping he might have the answer. We stayed like that for a few minutes, and then I took the initiative. Cupping his face, I made sure he wasn't uncomfortable and I leaned in. He tensed a little but slowly eased into the kiss, my heart was so fluttery as though I had free thousands of butterflies. Slowly I broke the kiss and looked back into his eyes, I could get lost into them forever. Lewis put his arms around my waist, and I put my arms around his neck, he leaned in and we connected lips again but for half time. We fell onto the pillows and began to cuddle, nuzzling under his chin; I had finally found the happiness that I needed.
"Lewis?"
"Yes Kam?"
"... I love you."
"...me too."