Chapter 1: What's My Name Again?

I stare back at the reflection in the mirror.
The woman who stares back looks nothing like how she did three hours ago.
I was getting ready to see my all time favorite band, Crown the Empire, at Warped Tour '14. It is currently 9:30 in the morning. I took my time showering, blow drying, shaving, straightening, and doing makeup for the longest time, making sure every single possible detail was perfect, and now it is. My outfit had been picked out weeks ago.
High-waisted Baby blue shorts with Crown the Empire crop top that I added my personal touch to and black Joe Boxer slip ons.
I felt so beautiful.
What if I meet Brandon Hoover? I would die! I mean, he has a girlfriend, but still.
I run downstairs and grab the keys to my little black car. I lock my red door and climb into the box on wheels parked in the driveway. I check my wallet and stare down at my driver's license before pulling out, making sure I had it.
Alexandria Berghart.
5'7"
Brown eyes and brown hair, now dyed black.
21 years old as of today. Warped Tour is my birthday present to myself. I smile and shove my wallet back into my pocket, heading to the grounds. Limitless blasts from the stereo and I yell the words loudly with joy, earning many weird looks and eyerolls that I just shrug off with a middle finger salute.
I park and walk up to the already forming line after a half an hour drive. I join the group of people and wait anxiously for the gates to open.
I stand there for a little under an hour then Kevin Lyman himself walks the length of the entire line, announcing that the entrance was to be opened very soon. I jump up and down as excitement rushes through my body. I hear the front of the crowd roaring and know that it's time.
Each step that I take forward makes me grasp the straps to my bag tighter and tighter, smiling from ear to ear.
I hand my printed out ticket to the stubby lady at the front who takes it and checks my bag. I get through and immediately buy a schedule with a map on the back. I rummage through my bag and pull out my Sharpie, crossing off times and circling other ones, putting stars and happy faces around Crown the Empire's set time. I made a perfect little schedule for myself, showing who I would watch and who I wouldn't.
Crown the Empire is playing about four sets from now. I push my way to the very front at their stage as some band I don't know plays, waiting anxiously for their set to end. I wait for the next show to begin and watch as a pretty good looking group of guys march onto the stage. They sing a song that everyone seems to know except for me called Badly Broken. I catch the lead singer staring down at me a couple times.
Well, it looks like his eyes are peering at me but who really knows.
I just enjoy the show as they rock out until the end.
"Thank you all! We're Get Scared, I'm Nick Matthews, and I love you! I hope to see you after the show!" He told us the time they would be at their tent for meet and greets and I looked over my schedule, saddened to discover that it was right when CTE was playing.
I didn't enjoy the next performance but I just couldn't contain my fangirl when Brandon Hoover came onto the stage.
He is even more majestic in person.
I know every word to every song they play and sing along to the entire set, dying when Johnny's Revenge plays.
"I've come for blood, blood, blood!
And I'm not leaving til I have your heart!
Die, die, die!
I'll feel alive when I have blood!
You're blood!
Because revenge is all I have in mind."
The show ended with that song and my whole life felt like a psychedelic wonderland with absolutely no depressing thoughts.
I wander aimlessly and buy a bottle of water. I find the Stay Sick tent and buy a Fronzilla tank top along with a pair of black shorts that have the brand name in white letters on the ass. With a change of clothes, I rush over to the slip and slide, shuffling out of my shoes as I run and jumping into the water, sliding into a seemingly bottomless pit of water.
I was sure to keep my hair and face as dry as possible, despite my waterproof makeup, and climb out of the pool at the end.
A tall man with dirty blond hair and green eyes is running the slide and high fives me.
"Excellent form. I must say." He says in a posh British person accent that I can tell is fake.
"Why thank you, kind sir." I say in the same way, doing a curtsy. We introduce ourselves and talk for a bit before I go to a port-a-potty and change into my new clothes, tying my hair back messily and knotting my tank top the same way. I slip my shoes back on and decide to pick up a slice of pizza from a food truck I saw on the way in.
I get to the front of the line and order a vegetarian pita bread pizza slice that is bigger than my face. The completely indifferent teenager who stood inside the truck goes back out of sight to get my pizza and I dig through my pockets for money.
But, I don't have pockets. I changed shorts.
I put the old clothes in my backpack, so I check there next.
Or, I try to.
I can't find my damn bag! I must have left it in the makeshift bathroom but I refuse to leave this line and have to wait another hour and a half for it. I put my face in my palms and sigh. A hand is put on my shoulder and I jump.
"I got this one." He spoke in a smooth voice that surprisingly sends shivers down my spine. I recognize him, but I can't figure out how.
He has straight black hair that is half shaved off and falls past his chest. His blue-green eyes were melting my soul. He smiles a lopsided smile and hands a twenty to the teen, adding a meat lover's to the order. I thank him and introduce myself.
"Hey. I'm Alexandria. And you are?" I ponder, biting down on my delicious slice.
"Nicholas. But you can call me Nick." He answers. We walk in a comfortable silence and I look down at my schedule. It's only 2:30 and I don't have any more bands to see. Nick ends up having to go so I decide to sit at the acoustic basement for a while and head home around six.
The sun set a little over four hours later and it started to rain all of a sudden so I decide to leave. I hold my arms and shiver as I walk through the wet air.
My vision is blurred from the water and I see a dark figure walking towards me. I get sort of anxious as I walk by but the feeling quickly subsides when I leave them behind without a problem. I continue to walk when a sharp pain in my head appears. My ears start to ring and that becomes all I can hear. I turn and look at three people as they approach, one holding a baseball bat. I try to speak but I can't hear my voice overs ringing. I do my best at screaming and get hit again with the bat, blacking out immediately.