Chapter 3: It should of been me

Andy and I were walking home at about eleven thirty. It was a quiet walk too. Nobody said anything. I was starting to get a feeling that Andy was having second thoughts about keeping the baby. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

He had a blank expression on his face as he answered, "Yes."

I stopped and pulled on Andy's hand. He turned and looked into my eyes. "A-Are you having seconds thoughts about this?" I asked.

His eyes filled with surprise and pain. "Of course not." he said.

I nodded and we walked the rest of the way home. Andy changed into his clothes while I ate a little snack. I went upstairs and layed up in my bed waiting for Andy to come and go to sleep but I fell asleep before he came. "Come on babe. Wake up. I don't want to go to the store alone." Andy begged me the next morning.

I sighed and got up. I did all the normal stuff I usually did in the morning (brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, getting dressed and doing my makeup) before I went downstairs to meet Andy. It was eight thirty when we left the house to go.

ANDY'S P.O.V.

I was waiting at a stoplight on our way there. We bought groceries and decided to take the scenic route home. "Its so pretty in the morning. I'm just never up to see it." Ash said.

I laughed. "Same here."

"What should we do when we get home?" she asked.

"Watch a movie, sleep, I don't care its up to you."

She looked at me and smiled. The corners of my mouth formed into a smile and that's when I saw it. The truck speeding our way. I swerved in attempt to get out of its way but it was too late. Our care was rolling down the hill. I covered Ash's body wuth mine to make sure she didn't get hurt. We rolled for a few more seconds before the car slowed down and eventually stopped. I looked down at her to see her eyes closed and her body covered in blood. I quickly got I out of the car and lifted Ash's limp body and took off in the direction of the hospital. We were close so it was only a five minute run. I burst through the doors of the E.R. "Someone help!! Please!!" I shouted.

A nurse came and took Ash while another led me to a room. She got out all the glass pieces and cleaned up the blood. I broke two ribs and sprained my ankle. My arms were wrapped and hurt. I sat in the room waiting. The doctor came in to tell me about Ash. "She is scratched up and has a broken foot. The worst part of it all is she is in a coma." The doctor said.

Mt heart sank at the news. "Can I see her?" I asked, my voice cracking.

He nodded and I took off towards the room number the doctor told me. I opened the door to see a broken girl laying on a hospital bed. "Ash..." I whispered.

My hand grasped hers, expecting her to wake up right then. But she didn't. I walked out of the room and dialed Jake's number. "Hello?" he answered after the third ring.

"Jake. Ash is in the hospital."

"What? Why?" he asked.

"Car accident. She's in a coma." I replied in a whisper.

"We'll be right up there. Bye"

"Bye."

I walked back to her room and sank to the floor. Tears came out of my eyes like waterfalls as I prayed for her to wake up. I soon fell asleep to the sound of the heart monitor. Beep....beep....beep....beep......It should of been me.