7. A New World

I opened my eyes to a flash of white, and immediately flipped onto my stomach with a groan. If it was one thing I hated, it was the sun in my eyes after a good night's sleep.

Honestly, I barely remembered what happened last night. I could recall that wicked fire dance and Elder Kris's speech. I remembered walking through the crowd and sitting beside Tori while on the throne. And then nothing.

Was there somee punce that punch?

Even supernatural parties resemble the parties of humans, huh. I wasn't much of an alcohol person, but whatever was in that cup was delicious. I'd have to ask my husband about it.

My husband.

I giggled quietly at the words. It felt surreal. I never thought the day would come when I would finally be able to say that. Well. Technically he wasn't my husband yet, so I couldn't say that. But I could honestly say that I had finally united with the man of the dreams I didn't know I was having. The thought left me feeling giddy. My heart swelled. "So, this is what true peace feels like, huh?" I mumbled.

Lying in bed with the sun shining down on me, I realized I could stay like this forever. At that moment the door slid open. I couldn't help but take in the broadness of his shoulders as he shut the door- those very shoulders  he had ever so gracefully thrown me onto last night.

I sighed. I didn't even know I was attracted to a man's shoulders until I met him. Then again, everything I never considered sexy was a turn on to me as long as it Tori.

"Good morning, Beautiful." His voice purred. My cheeks warmed.

"Good morning."

"How did you sleep?" He made his way over to me.

A small sound left my mouth as I yawned. "I think I'm still asleep." I was in a dream like state.

He leaned in and kissed me- a kiss that always sent my heart racing and left my body on fire. I pulled him closer. His chuckle vibrated against my lips. "Did you miss me, Princess?"

I did. But I wasn't going to admit it. Just because we were soon to be husband and wife didn't mean I was any closer to a lovey-dovey attitude. "Actually, I was trying to see if I could taste what you ate this morning."

His smirk told me that he didn't believe me, but he played along. "I haven't eaten. I was waiting for you."

I blinked at that. He was waiting for me? It had been a long time since Tori and I truly had a meal together. Apart from that time I forced him, I couldn't recall a time when it was voluntary. I had almost convinced myself that Tori didn't need food to function.

A small yet bright laugh escaped his lips. "Why do you look so surprised?"

"It's rare that you eat with me." I mumbled. Before I could ask him if he was ill or something he beat me to the punch.

"No, Princess. I am not sick nor do I have bad news to deliver. I just want to eat breakfast with my fiancé." My heart purred at the title.

I smiled. "Okay."

*

After a steaming hot bath, brushing my teeth, and washing my face, I returned to my room to pick out a robe. Opening the closet I noticed more clothes had been added. After a couple of minutes I selected a royal blue with golden tigers embroidered on it. And then I went to brush my hair.

It was reverting. Every once in a while I straightened my hair to monitor the length, and, well, it was easier to manage. Now, it was slowly reverting to its natural red curly state, which meant it was shrinking from my mid back to just below my shoulders. I decided that when I had time I would two strand twist them into micros.