Moving In

Kai was in the train, looking outside for his uncle Yasume and his cousin Dusk. For some strange reason, the sky was turning a more bluish-black tone in his eyes. Suddenly, he appeared in a blue and gold limo. "Hello there Kai." A long-nosed man said, his hands under his chin. A beautiful woman sat on one side as Kai started to speak. "Who are you people? Why am I not in a train to Inaba?"

The long-nosed man chuckled at his panicked reaction. "I am Igor, and this is my assistant Margaret," Igor said, gesturing to the beautiful woman. "I am here to help you. Tell me, do you believe in fortune telling?" Kai looked confused at the question, but then shook his head. Igor made a sweeping gesture and cards appeared on the table before him. Igor one by one flipped certain cards, showing Kai's future. Suddenly, Kai found himself back in the train. "We have arrived at Inaba. All those who are to be dropped off here, please step off the train. Thank you."

Kai stood up and walked out, only to be hugged by a young boy with black and white hair. "Kai!! You're here!!!" the little boy yelled as he let go and beckoned over his father. "Well! You've grown a lot since I've seen you Kai!" Kai's uncle Yasume said, slapping him on the back. On the drive home, Yasume had talked about the places in Inaba, including his new school. "Kasudami High has a lot of students. I'm sure you'll get to meet new friends!" Yasume said as they arrived home. During dinner, Kai had been completely silent. As for Dusk, he was pleading Kai to eat. Yes, you read that right. Pleading. "Please, eat Kai!! Pleeeeaaasseeee???" Dusk said, his eyes shining. Kai smiled and started to eat as Dusk danced around.

That night, Kai had a strange dream. He was fighting some sort of Shadow. Kai woke up with a jolt and realized he was almost late for school. He went downstairs in his uniform and ran out the door.  As he got to school and went to his classroom, the teacher scolded him. "You're late!! Bet you were hitting on girls along the way, huh?!" The teacher, who was named Mr. Morouka, or King Moron, yelled. "I'm new here, cut me some slack, sheesh." Kai said, shrugging and sitting next to a girl with a messy bun kind of hair.

She didn't acknowledge him until he almost dropped his book. The girl caught it quickly and handed it to him. "So, you're the new kid huh?" The girl said out of the blue. Kai simply nodded. "I'm Shiota Akane. You're Fukuhara Kai, right?" Kai nodded silently again as the bell rang.

AFTER SCHOOL

After school, Kai went to the place called Junes. Apparently, it was popular. Kai almost tripped over Akane and another guy who were walking in front of him. "Oh, hi Kai. Have you met Kou?" Akane said, gesturing to the quiet, blue-haired boy. They walked together to a TV shop and saw a strange looking TV. "That's weird, isn't it?" Kai nodded. "Let's ignore it." Kou said and they walked home together.