Chapter 7

Chapter seven

I open my eyes as I hear my name being called out. I can't see against the bright light of the sun. Wait...

I sit up fast my head spinning and look around. I was in the kitchen still but the sun was up glaring at me through the window. My head spins my visions blurring in and out. Who called my name?

"You're awake," Camille appears by my side and I flinch a little. 'You killed her.'

She wipes a cloth across my forehead and it comes away red. She grimaces and gently presses it into my forehead.

"What happened?" She asks and I shake my head almost instantly regretting it. I suppress a moan and close my eyes.

"You have a concussion," she murmurs nodding for me to hold the cloth myself. I do as told. She has always been good at being my personal nurse. She was good with medicine. If I could afford to send her to college I imagine she would be quite successful.

The thought makes me turn hard again. I stand despite her protests, "If you are here that means it is almost time for your bus to come. Go get ready. Now Camille."

She scowls and storms to the room. I lean against the countertop before going to try and fix a small breakfast for her and dad. I had a hard time because my vision was swaying and the light burned my head but I managed to get some peanut butter in the bread. I put the plates on the table and went into the bathroom. I quickly combed through my hair and washed the remaining blood from my head. I moved to our room where Camille silently ignored me and pull on some new clothes. I could see faint bruises in the mirror from where his hands touched my neck. I didn't know how to cover them up other than pulling my hood up.

I watch her eat and walk out the door before sighing and grabbing my own bag. I hadn't done any homework that was due for today and knew that my grades would drop. Not that it was my top priority but I didn't like it. The teachers always tried to talk with me about getting my grades up.

I walk out the door and lean against the door as I wait for Josh. Despite being passed out for the whole night and some of yesterday I was exhausted. My neck aches and my head throbbed. The sun burned my eyes and the freezing cold made me shudder. I was a mess but knew that it was nothing new.

As soon as Josh's car pulled to a stop I climbed in and rested my head against the interior of his car. I close my eyes not dropping my hood.

"You look terrible," he says causing me to send a glare at him. He blushes, "Not like that. You look sick I mean."

"I know," I murmur closing my eyes again. I feel his hand wrap around mine and I remember back to the dream.

'You don't deserve anything' I stiffen and pull it away pretending to fix the brace on my opposite hand.

"Is everything okay?" He asks but I just grunt. I was tired and didn't really want to talk. I didn't want to deal with drama right now. Especially if it had to do with me.

Pulling into the school parking lot I groan in disgust. He chuckles. We get out of the car and he wraps an arm around me. I lean against him for support keeping my head down. The sun hated me right now.

As soon as we enter the school a lot of people give us curious looks. I glared at them which seemed to surprise them.

When we came across Shayla I wanted to curl up and go to sleep then and there. She glares at Josh's arm around me before turning to him.

"Are you coming tonight? Party at Kyle's and I'm sure me and you could have so much fun," she giggles flirtatiously.  I clench my fists and Josh looks at my hostile expression.