I Can't Believe That Happened

*At School, The Next Day*

"I have come to the conclusion that I will finish the project." I state to Mr. Martinez who is sitting at his desk in his classroom.

Mr. Martinez smiles, "I thought you would."

"Why do you have so much faith that Lauren and I will have a friendship again after this project?" I question.

"I feel as if Lauren regrets all the things she has done to you. Do you know how I know that?" He asks and I shake my head no, "Everyday she comes into my class late, knowing she will get a seat by you if she does. She stares at you all of class, without you knowing and when you look her way, she acts as if she was never looking at you."

I stare at him in disbelief, "I did not know this."

"Gossip goes around with teachers, just like students. When I was telling them my roster of students, they told me that you used to be friends, so I paid attention to her behavior in my class the past few day. I think she cares for you more than she would like to admit."

I shake my head, "I don't know about that."

He sighs, "I do. I think she hides how much she loves you because of her popularity status in school-"

I cut him off, "She shouldn't let that stop her from being friends with me."

He puts a hand up to calm me down, "Camila, I wasn't finished. I was also saying that she might be afraid to tell you because of how much she has hurt you. Maybe she is afraid that she isn't good enough for you, that you would be better off without her."

"Doesn't she realize that she is hurting me more by staying away from me?" I say with tears welling up in my eyes.

"I don't think she does, Camila. Her mind is clouding her sight. She is not able to see how much you need her because of all the doubt she has in her mind."

"I just wish she would see." I say.
"As do I," He then smiles at me, "now class doesn't start for another half an hour so go run off. I'm pretty sure you don't want to be seen with me when class starts."

"I wouldn't mind, I am already unpopular enough. And you are such a great teacher."

Mr. Martinez laughs and points to the door, "Go."

***

I rolled into Mr. Martinez's class around the time other students came in. There was no Lauren in sight though. I really hope she shows up so I can have a heart to heart talk with her. I think Mr. Martinez is right about us, I think we will be friends if nothing more.

By the time the bell rang and Mr. Martinez started teaching Lauren still had not shown up. I honestly was really disappointed. The raven haired girl was the only thing on my mind.

Then she trudged in. She looked like she had gotten no sleep the night before. I had never seen her this way ever. She always looked like she at least tried with her outfits but today, was just bad. She had sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt on. I had to admit she still looked incredibly sexy this way but she looked run down. I don't like seeing her this way, it hurts me.

"Lauren, are you alright?"

"No." She replied slowly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's going right in my life." She says tossing her things haphazardly all over the floor near her desk.

"Are you sure you want to be here?"

She finally looks him in the eyes, "My mom said I had to come to school, she wouldn't let me go home."

"I don't think it would be beneficial if you stayed."

"THEN TELL HER THAT, GOD DAMN IT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, then breathing heavily after, seething with anger.

"Ms. Jauregui, I want you to go to the office right now! That is not how you speak to a teacher and you know that!" Mr. Martinez whispered harshly.

"I don't give a shit, Thomas."

Oh my god. She called him by his first name. Nobody ever calls any teacher by their first name. She's really off right now. She would never act like this. She might be a little bitchy sometimes but she would never yell at a teacher.

I stood up, "Lauren Michelle Jauregui! Why the hell are you acting this way?"

She turned her vision to me, giving me a glare, "Why would I tell you? We hate each other remember, you told me yourself."

"You know what? I don't give a flying fuck, Lauren. You are being so rude!" I take her by her sweatshirt and push her up against the wall, "I always thought you were a good person but I guess not! You are just a bitch. Bitches don't make it far, Jauregui."

I shove her up against the wall one more time before letting her go. Then I turn around grab my stuff and walk right out of the room. I keep walking until I make it out of school. I finally make it to my car and I get in it. Tears start to trickle out of my eyes. My head falls and with a bang it hits the steering wheel.

I couldn't do this. I can't let myself get worked up about it. I knew she was this kind of person all along, so it shouldn't be hard, right? Wrong. I always had hoped that she would turn herself around so we could be friends again. But she can't. She's weak. I don't care about her anymore. She's dead to me. I'm going to do anything in my power to stay away from that wretched human being.

When I got home I unlocked the front door to my house. After I got inside I slammed the front door shut, then ran upstair to my room. When I got in there I shut the door and locked it so no one could get in. I laid myself down on the bed and cried. I didn't even care that I was crying. She just added another thing on the list of all the times she's hurt me. I can't believe she did it again. I despise you, Lauren Jauregui.

*Back in Mr. M's Class* *Lauren's POV*

What did I do? What did I do? What did I do?

I can't believe I just did that. I hurt the girl I loved. I promised myself I would never do that again. When I finally popped back into reality, the whole class was staring at me in shock. Mr. Martinez was frozen, staring at the door which Camila had rushed out of.

I was truly shocked with Camila's reaction. I can't believe she pushed me up against the wall and called me a bitch. I mean, I was being a bitch but it hurts to hear that she thinks it too. Now I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. My sadness got the best of me. She probably hates me. I wouldn't blame her. I am not the friend I used to be with her.

*Camila's POV*

I had been sobbing for hours after I came home. My mother and father had been trying to coax me out of my room all night but I just couldn't. I didn't have any reason to get up. I have no motiv.

Now they are trying to get me to come down and eat dinner. Can't they see that I don't want to come out of my room? Even if I was hungry I wouldn't want to go down and eat. Food is the last thing on my mind. She made me lose my appetite. What she did makes me want to stay in my room forever and cry. I don't want to see nor talk to anyone.

Then there was a knock on the door, "Mila, will you please come out?" It was Dinah.

"No." I let out a choked sob.

"Babe, you can't go through this alone."

"Yes I can." I reply.

"Okay. I'm done being sweet. Mila, open the damn door or I'll kick it down myself."
"Yeah right, You can't kick down my door." I smirk.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, Bitch."

Then all of the sudden my door falls to the floor. Dinah was standing over it triumphantly. I was staring at my now broken door as it sits on the floor.

"What the hell, Dinah?" I asked stunned.

"I told you I would do it." She states with her hands on her hips in a diva-like style.

"I didn't actually think you meant it."

"Oh. Sorry." She replies hastily.

"Now I have a broken door." I say with a frown.

"Forget about the door," I look up at her confused, "we need to talk."