Chapter 1

Chapter 1

LILETH

The club was filled with a throng of people who looked as if they were really enjoying the beat of the music. I couldn't blame them. The DJ surely knew how to throw a beat. My head was actually moving, dancing to the upbeat rhythm of the disco remix that was bouncing around the four corners of the wide, luxurious club.

Truth was, I didn't know how to dance. My feet were damn both odd, with no talent in dancing, but I couldn't help not to be affected by the awesome disco music, as the talented DJ continued to spin his magical beats.

It must be the few glasses of Tequila, which I have managed to drink through the night that slowly sent my inhibition slipping away. My body started to shake, grooving to the beat, in a freestyle way I have no idea how silly I might look.

But I didn't give a damn. I was enjoying the night, the music was great, and the spirit of Tequila had already gotten into my system, making me feel lighthearted and bubbly. But I needed more drinks.

Tipsy and drunk, I spotted one of the waiters who happen to pass by my side.

"Hey!" I called his attention.

He glanced back, looking at me.

I threw him a toothy smile as he approached me. "More glass of Tequila, please!" I shouted so that he could hear me properly.

"Yes, Ma'am," he answered back, and then, he went to the counter, heading my command.

It didn't take long, and another glass of Tequila was served on my table.

"Thank you," I murmured my thanks, and smiled to the waiter who served my drinks.

He just bowed his head as a courtesy, and attended to the other patrons in the club.

I heaved a sigh as my fingers draped around the glass of Tequila, looking at the crystal clear liquid seriously, as my mind pondered upon a thought.

I've been in the club for a couple of hours now, drinking like I've never did in my whole life. But I needed it. I needed to get drunk so that I'll have the courage to pursue my plan. My silly plan.

I chuckled at the thought, shaking my head in incredulity.

How on Earth did I end up with this kind of ridiculous dilemma?

Ah... it was my boyfriend, Ross, who pushed me to do this.

How could he? How could he make me feel burdened just because I still hang on to my freaking virginity for a long time?

It was just a piece of hymen, which some people hold dear, a pride to a few, and a symbol of dignity to the many, but unfortunately, to my own boyfriend, it didn't hold a value. In fact, he didn't appreciate it. He wanted nothing to do with it, even told me to do something before he'll come over to meet me.

I heaved a deeper sigh.

Well, I understood Ross. He came from a liberated country, and we definitely have different culture. Although I'm mixed, my mother was a Filipina, who was impregnated by an American Navy and later died giving birth to me, I grew up in a very conservative household of my Filipino grandparents.

Ross and I came from two different worlds. He was raised in a first world country, the US, while I'm stuck with the conservative ideals of my strict grandparents in the Philippines. My grandfather used to terrorize the brave souls who courageously asked for permission to court me. That had been going on until I was twenty-six. Imagine my dilemma.