Chapter 12: New Requites

We all climbed into the limo and we set off to the mansion, as far as I knew no one had moved in yet. Claude was texting his friends who wanted to fight to meet at the mansion at seven and to not be late.

          “They all said they would be here.” Claude said as he tucked the phone away into his suit pocket. They both dress like they live at the hotel now. Business is booming, all of the rooms that you can live in are being used, and guests hardly want to leave.

          As we neared the mansion storm clouds fell upon the sky and a dark shadow grasped the limo and pulled it away from the city and closer to the mansion as the wind growled and howled like a wolf.

          “Sir…” I tapped the gall connecting the driver to the passengers, “I will let you get back to the hotel once we arrive, and I will call you before we are ready to leave.”

          “Yes sir, may I ask why you are going back to this place?” The driver said.

          “Just to show my friends where I used to live.” I shut the glass before he could ask anything else. The minutes rushed by as the sky darkened over the cool autumn air. The leaves in the trees started to change and the green grass turned a golden brown.

          The white mansion became clear over the trees as it rested on its final place on the hill. The driver pulled up to the stairs and we all climbed out of the limo and walked up to the front doors and the limo drove away down the hill. As I turned the key into the lock a large bolt of lightning made the sky explode sending water falling to the ground. Paige shrieked and grabbed onto Claude and I pushed the door open and rushed inside and helped everyone else in.

          The massive hole in the roof of the first floor made me imagine that day when Ashley died and the smell of a abandoned and unloved home came from our surroundings, the bed Ashley had died in had not been removed yet and boards stuck up around it.

          “Well this is a real haunted mansion isn’t it?” Benjamin said as he ran a finger over a dusty table with wilted flowers placed on the top of it.

          “It didn’t use to look like this, it was beautiful and colorful.” I said back to him as I walked into the dining room where a dimly lit chandelier hung. Even this room had been abandoned and it gave off a creepy feeling.

          As the rain kept falling I found some candles and one of my father’s lighters and placed them about the mansion and it cast shadows around the mansion. Lighting flashed making the remaining dim lights to flicker on and off. Regina and Pinkey walked around the second floor to find blankets and coats because of the cold air.

          I marched around the first floor looking at old memories fade away into the storm and each time I passed Erick I caught him staring at me. It must be getting closer to seven by now, where could the others be? I walked to the room Claude was in and glanced at the crooked mirror above him.

          “Claude, how many people did you say were coming?”

          “I didn’t, but now that you are asking, seven people.” He said back to me and thunder shook the house, “I just hope that they get here before the storm worsens and that we can get back to the hotel.”

          I walked around the mansion again and someone banged on the door six times, the number of knocks it takes to know that they are one of us; it must be the ones Claude told me about. I opened the door and welcomed all seven inside.

          “Axel?” A curly red haired man said to me with a crooked smile and a scar on his face, “Im Angus Ross, age Twenty one.” He shook his head and water fell from his hair. He made his way into the mansion and soon found Claude. The rest of the group found different spots inside the mansion and I shut the door behind them.