The Real Reason...

The Outsider gave me a silly smile, then grabbed my tiny rat body and held me up close to his face. How embarrassing... I squeeked, and he laughed.

I jumped from his icy hands, and landed onto his leather-covered shoulder. I preferred this higher vantage point, as being so small made me nervous that I would be forgotten. I nibbled on his earlobe, and he then grabbed me and set me down again.

I shifted back into my own skin, and I grabbed his hand. "I love you, Outsider. Forever and for always. Even as a little rat, I will." I pulled him toward me, and we hugged gently. I shifted my hand to his already-messy hair, and shuffled it around as I wrap my neck with his.

Is this really nessicary? I mean, not that I don't love it, but I still need you to help me before that. Are you up to your first mission?

"Hehehe silly, sure I will! I mean, that's what I'm here for, right?" Personally, I wanted nothing more than to his dirty work, but still, it was like he was avoiding the inevitable. Contrary, I would do as he please.

Good. Then here's your mission; There's a particular item I desire, a heart of my previous love. Retrieve the heart of a man named Corvo Attano, and then I will grant you with a gift. Am I clear?

"Yeah. Got it...." I paused for a moment then continued, "But, how am I gonna get to him? I mean, he can't be floating around in here, can he?"

No, but that's where I come in. I can transport you to another dimension, and you must complete your mission there. Good bye for now Alex.

My vision soon blurred, and I felt like I was about to fall over, but I kneeled down and waited for whatever was happening to happen. I heard a faint 'good luck' but then everything blacked out.

Thanks...