Prolouge

This isn't my first story on Wattpad, and hopefully it won't be my last.

Mahalo for reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The red wax of the seal was still glistening, promising the great years to follow this new decree of our nation. We of the capitol cherished all our districts. Protected them from greater dangers, sent them our love, and receiving our needs from them as well. But that wasn't enough.

13 districts rose up against us just over a year ago. 3 days ago, we won the raging civil war, by obliterating the most dangerous and most threatening district, 13. that made every other district surrender under our power, knowing that they couldn't overcome us with their forces.

A new event was decreed just this morning, a result of the act of the districts, and shall be in full effect this coming June.

Each year, the 12 districts of Panem must offer up in tribute one young man and woman between the ages of 12 and 18. The tributes shall be chosen by lottery, but there is a catch. From the moment you turn 12 years old, your name enters the drawing for your district. As so for the rest of your eligible years. So, when you are 18, you should have 7 entrees in all. But, say you don't have enough means of income for your family. You may opt to add your name more times, increasing the chance of being drawn, but also receiving a meager's supply of grain and oil for one year. You can do so for your family too. Every year, these tributes will be enclosed in an outdoor arena, where they will live off the nature and outdoor life, and fight to the death. With it all being televised no less. All until 1 tribute remains. 1 victor.

I had just signed my signature on the paper, making it official. The districts will be notified tomorrow, with myself, President Snow I, shall deliver the news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I do not own the Hunger Games rights.

But I do own the movie! And book!

ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS AND HER AMAZING SERIES THAT MADE ME EVEN MORE SOCIALLY AWKWARD THAT I NORMALLY WOULD BE!

Mahalo!

                                ~T~