Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

The Play

He was dressed in a black tuxedo. He fetched her on the bedroom. He put on a gold herringbone collar necklace by her neck and a matching gold herringbone bracelet on her right wrist. He put her right arm by the crook of his left arm and he guided them out of the bedroom to the living room, main door and elevator.

They rode the black limousine car driven by Manolo. She just stayed silent. He also didn't talk. He was mesmerized by her natural beauty. Her hair was just tied on a loose pony tail. She had no banks. A small strand of her black hair just freely flowed by the right side of her face. Her naturally pink kissable lips were perfectly moisturized.  

They reached Angelo Cultural Center at half past 8 o'clock in the evening. There were no more people by the lobby. The play was about to start. A male receptionist led them to their seats.They had the best seats by one of the small loggias overlooking the stage of the theater.

They watched the play in silence. In the middle of the play he held her left hand with his right. She didn't make any effort on removing her hand from his. When the play finally ended, they applauded the cast for an excellent performance.

They didn't mingle with the upper class people of Angelo anymore at the lobby. They directly went out and rode at the limousine. Manolo drove them back to Abur. They boarded the yacht once more back to Bana Island.

They both walked barefoot on the sand as they trail the path to the beach house.

When they reached the beach house, he led her to the study room.

He asked, "Do you know how to play chess?"

"Yes," she affirmed.

He led her to a circular wooden table with two cushioned wooden chairs. The chess board with its pieces was already set.

They sat down.

He informed her, "My father and me used to play chess here whenever we come."

She had sensed his longing for his father. She asked with a comforting smile, "Okay, so who shall make the first move?"

"Do the first move by all means," he replied with a smile on his face.

They had a round of chess. He won but it hadn't been easy for him. When they ended playing chess, everyone in the beach house seemed sleeping already.

They stood up and walked out of the study room and walked to their bedrooms. They were already in front of their bedroom doors when he kissed her lips.

She was stunned with what happened. It was just a short kiss but it was her first so it felt like it was long.

He held her arms and whispered softly. "Let me stay with you for the night, Pia."

Their eyes were looking at each other. She replied, "I can't, Jed."

He insisted gently, "We'll just sleep together."

"But..."

He carried her, opened the door of her bedroom and locked it behind them. He claimed her lips once more. It was much longer than the first one.

She didn't know why but she just melted with his kiss and soon she was responding to his kisses with equal hunger and passion. 

He put her down on the floor by the walk-in closet in front of a vanity mirrored table. He removed her necklace as he kissed her nape and bare shoulders. She shivered.