Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

The Contest

FIRST ROUND

January14-15, 2010, all the candidates were subjected to a comprehensive physical/medical examination with a medical team specifically hired for the task. For an applicant to qualify for the next round she must be: physically fit; of no sickness; negative in drug-test; at least five feet six inches in height; at most 140 pounds in weight; and capable of being pregnant.

A medical team conducted the test in the grand pavilion and in the mini hotel. Candidates were all surprised by the test. Some of their reactions were asked. A lot already failed on Rob's height and weight requirement so these candidates really felt sad.

By January 15, 2010, more than forty candidates qualified for the next level.

All  of those eliminated candidates felt that Rob's requirements in the comprehensive physical/ medical examination were justifiable. But some wished they were taller or fitter. Some also felt happy having a comprehensive physical/ medical examination free of charge.

SECOND ROUND

January 16-18, 2010, all the candidates were subjected to an IQ and EQ Tests. A testing company was specifically commissioned to conduct the two tests. To qualify to the next level a candidate must have an IQ of 120 and above and a passing EQ mark. More than thirty women passed. Reactions of the candidates as well as the viewers were telecasted. They all felt that Rob wanted an intelligent and an emotionally-fit wife.

THIRD ROUND

January 19-20, 2010, all candidates were subjected to a psychological test. A group of psychologists were hired to conduct this test. More than twenty candidates passed this test.

Rob was asked about his reasons for these tests.

His answer for the comprehensive physical/medical examination was, "I want a healthy wife and I definitely want to have children. As for the height and weight, I think they are ideal for my own height and weight."

As for the IQ and EQ tests, his answer was, "I want an intelligent wife. I also don't want a drama queen for a wife."

For the psychological test, his reason was, "I just want to make sure that my future wife will not break down psychologically for all the duties and responsibilities she has to take as my wife. She must be psychologically ready to be Mrs. Garchitorena."

FOURTH ROUND

January 21-23, 2010, all the remaining candidates were subjected to a sports clinic. In order to qualify for the next round, a candidate must be capable of decently playing at least two sports that Rob also played. After this round, fifteen women passed.

Once more, Rob gave his reason for the test, "I'm so much into sports, and I want my future wife to be able to play with me."

FIFTH ROUND

January 24-25, 2010, the remaining candidates were subjected to essay writing. The theme of the essay was their reasons for joining the contest. They were asked to write an essay of at most one thousand words. To pass this round meant passing Rob's personal preferences. Rob had read all the essays. He wanted to find sincerity and honesty on the essays. He also required that his future wife be able to express herself sensibly in writing. Twelve passed his standards.

SIXTH ROUND

January 26-28, 2010, all the remaining candidates had to sit down to a casual conversation with Rob's friends. The team leaders of the group were his best friend, Benj, and his best friend's wife, Karla. To pass meant getting along with his friends. His friends had recommended ten women.