Chapter Two.

I closed my eyes tightly, taking deep breaths as I couldn’t bear the thought of completing my ‘task’. I tried to ignore everyone’s laughter, but I couldn’t for some odd reason.

“Hurry up cry crystal!” one of the boys in my P.E. class shouted as his friends sniggered, the girls covering their mouths trying not to join in. I flashed open my eyes and looked up at the light brown rope dangling from the gym hall ceiling.

I seriously didn’t want to climb up this rope, but I knew I had to.

I gulped lightly as I took good grip of the rope, heaved myself up and started to climb up it slowly, taking my time. I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth something, and that I wasn’t going to let my previous relationship with Matt ruin my entire life.

I felt everyone’s eyes on me as I climbed up a little faster; I wanted to overcome my fear of heights. I had no idea how the heck I had developed it in the first place.

I kept climbing up, looking at my destination...Which was a silver bell. I had to ring it before this class ended, I wanted to finish this god damn rope once and for all. I started to climb up quicker, the pain in my hands hurting me even more as I started to feel myself slip down, the rope giving me rope burn on my palms.

I squealed out quietly, not wanting anyone to hear me as my heart was racing. I closed my eyes, trying to think positive, but I couldn’t.

I suddenly regretted the idea of me reaching the silver bell at the top.

“I’m going to fall… I’m going to fall...” I whispered to myself, listening to my heavy breathing for a couple of seconds.

I looked down at the crowd, which was my class. Most of the boys were sniggering, some of them were just staring at my legs as I was wearing my shorts. I gulped lightly as I started to feel dizzy, I didn’t like the idea of me being at this height…

Suddenly I lost grip of the rope and fell down from the large height. I screamed out loudly after hearing most of the class gasping.

“Catch her!” a girl shrieked out, clearly not wanting to see me hurt. I didn’t fall onto the hard ground, instead I fell...Into someone’s arms.

I kept my eyes tightly closed as people started whispering amongst themselves, most of the class were just speechless. I knew everyone was staring at me, so I didn’t dare open my eyes.

“Alright everyone..go get changed” I heard the teacher say as she managed to push her way towards me, and that’s when I finally opened my eyes after my “incident”.

At first I had to get used to the bright light as the sun was shining through the GYM windows. But after a while my eyes adjusted and I started to take in the details. The class had been dismissed, therefore they were all getting changed in the changing rooms.

I looked at the teacher for a while as she was making sure I was okay, and then I realised I was still in the persons arms. I looked at the arms first, realising I had seen them before. These were the arms that used to hold me when I was upset, the arms that belongs to the person I used to love…

Finally, I looked up at the persons face and knew instantly who it was.

Matt.

I gulped lightly and flashed my eyes closed, trying to think of an excuse to get away from him as soon as possible. I didn’t want to be near him what so ever.

“Abbey…are you alright?” the teacher asked me, her voice sounding worried already.

I groaned lightly, faking that I wasn’t feeling well at all. I tried to insist her that I wasn’t okay at all, and that I should be sent back home immediately. Thank God Matt believed me.

“Miss…I think we should send her back home. I could walk her home if you like?” he asked in his smooth voice, the voice that used to make me melt. Now it’s the voice that made me want to hit him.

“Alright then..take her to the office first. Remember to collect her belongings” she said as she walked off towards the changing room, blowing the loud whistle to get everyone to speed up a little.

“You can stop pretending now.” He spoke near my ear as I fluttered open my eyes lightly, refusing to give him any eye contact, even though his eyes were the type which made you get lost in them instantly.

He gently put me back down on my two feet as I looked away from him, rubbing my arm slightly.

This was such an awkward moment.

“So…you alright?” he asked calmly as he reached over and stroked my cheek gently.

“Perfect fine.” I snapped back as I slapped his hand off me and walked to the P.E. doors, wanting to escape this nightmare before it got worse.

He laughed gently, catching up with me easily as he pushed open the doors for me. I walked out, not saying anything as he walked out also, walking beside me to the office.

“I like your new attitude” he said quietly as we walked past a couple of the classes, most of them had their door opens as we heard the teachers teaching the class.

“What attitude?” I asked him curiously, trying to sound as if I couldn’t care less, even though I was seriously curious.

“Your new one. Its like..The bad girl.” He said as he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to catch my attention. I didn’t reply back to him this time.

“I think I’m starting to like you again..even though you cheated on me” he said as the words hit me hard.

“I didn’t cheat on you.” Were the only words that came out of my mouth.