-{4}-

It's been a week since the concert and today was Christmas morning. I leaned over to see my phone plugged in and checked for any messages from Jason. None.  This year I was spending Christmas alone. Mel went back to her parents house for the holidays, Jason didnt want to come since he said he didnt want to miss any good parties, and I stayed in my cozy yet empty new apartment. I got plenty of gifts to open that family and friends sent me. Nothing from Harry though. Or Jason. I mean I didn't really expect anything from Harry but I did at the same time. It was 9am and I didn't feel like opening gifts yet so I decided to go and get some fresh air. I got up from my position in front of my window and finished my toast and tea and went to my room.

I picked out white skinny jeans, a black and white striped top and a jean jacket. I threw on thick socks and some cute boots, crabbed my pea coat, scarf and gloves and brushed my teeth. I threw my hair up into a bun and swiped on some mascara real quick, grabbed my phone, wallet and left. Still nothing from Jason.

I took the elevator down and walked outside letting the cold air make my nose red. It was snowing lightly and there was a plow pushing snow around in the parking lot. I decided to drive to the bakery shop Harry and I used to work at. It was a long drive, maybe like 30 minutes but I had nothing better to do today and I loved visiting the old lady friends we had there.

I opened the door and immediately felt the warmth on me. The familiar smell made me smile a tad. I got in line and it wasn't too busy at all. Only like 5 people were here and I realized it was because its Christmas. I smiled a little bigger realizing it was one of the most beautiful holidays of the year but then the smile fades when realized I was alone.

It was my turn so i walked up and ordered a hot chocolate. I handed the Middle Aged woman my money and she gave me the change but I put it in the tip jar.  She smiled at me and thanked me.

An older lady came out from the back and looked at me.

"Annabelle! How are you darling?" she said to me. I immediately recognized her.

"Hi Deborah!" She hugged me after coming around the counter.

"So how are you spending your holiday?" she asked me. She was looking around kind of worried.

"alone this year" I shrugged, also looking around. I wanted to know what she was looking for.

"Oh goodness!" she said, "that's so sad!"

"No it's alright, I need time to decompress. I just moved into an apartment in London!"

"That's so lovely dear! Well my husband and I have no plans all night so how about you meet me back here for some dessert later tonight? Maybe like 9?" she asked. She seemed really happy to see me and it sounded like I didn't really have a choice. I agreed with her plan and left shortly after, grabbing my hot chocolate.

On my drive home, I decided Christmas music would be nice to listen to. I got home and checked my mail box in the main lobby and I had 2 packages and a ton of envelopes to add to the others. I held them in my hands and I took the elevator up and gently set the envelopes and boxes with the others in my living room. They made me smile.

I decided to start opening them and I grabbed a largish thin package and ripped the tape off. It was from my mom and it had a large picture frame facing down it it and a $100 Top Shop gift card. I picked it up and turned it around.