Chapter 1.

ELIZABETH'S POV

It's four a.m. here in New York. I was sitting out on the patio of my small apartment and just watched the cars as they were all conformed into one bunch. Going in different directions. I laughed to myself. Even at four a.m., people are just dying to get to somewhere of importance. 'Only in New York' I thought. I watched as the lights on the giant billboards gave off a shine that created an illusion of everything being colourful. Like Tokyo, oh how I would love to travel to Tokyo.
I lit a cigarette as I ran my fingers through my long blonde hair. I took a puff and continued writing. I've been writing songs for that past 5 years, since I was 14. It's my passion and I truly believe that. I've been trying to come up with a few ideas for a, sort of, album for myself that I wouldn't publish when I got famous. I know that I'm going to be big, I just don't know how yet. I know that New York was full of people who were looking to scout out young artists, but none have found me yet. Before my mom passed away, she told me, "When it's your time, you'll know it baby. Whatever you need will come to you." But what if now is the time? I'm 19 years old, I need to have some kind of income. Being as though the money that I'm making at the coffee shop isn't really doing me any justice. I played songs after my shifts were over, but i only got around seven dollars a night for my sessions.
I pull out my guitar and start messing with the strings as I begin to play the final lines from my final song.

'The sway of the hips and arms,
Will cradle you from afar.
They swing till you're tired
And send you to mars,
Night time is almost ours.'

I laid back on the beach chair & took one final puff from my cig and headed back into my room. As soon as I hit the bed, I was out.

ABEL'S POV

Same shit, just a different night. Me and my boys were just wandering the downtown streets of Scarborough. Nothing new. The same lights. The same commotion of the cars. The same feeling. Sometimes, I reminisce over when I left home. The packing, the arguments with Ma, saying goodbye to my grandmother. Even dropping out of school. Sometimes I wonder, 'Where would I be if I just stayed in school? Would I be going to college? Would I make my family proud like I should've?' I even think to regret my decisions, but I don't. I don't because I know that I'm going to be big someday and I know that I'm going to make them proud. I just don't know how, yet.

"Hey, bro. Sing that song that you were writing in the van, man." Lamar, my brother, called to me. He isn't my blood brother, he's my bestfriend. We've been through every together, I have so much love for that dude.

'You don't know, what's in store,
But you know what you're here for'

I finished singing and dapped up my bro and looked into the camera.

"Listen, Joey Styles killed it, big inspiration right here, baby. You already know what it is, he's gonna blow" I said. I believe that he will, he has that star quality about him, I know he's gonna make it. I will too.

ELIZABETH'S POV

I sat up in bed as my alarm clock played one of my favourite songs, "In Bloom", by Nirvana. I got up, opened my blinds and went into the bathroom and did my morning necessities. I walked out of the bathroom feeling a draft, as I realized that I only had on a t-shirt and underwear. I walk to my closet and pull out my outfit for the day which consists of blue and gray highwaisted pants, a gray t-shirt and my black pull on boots. I put my long hair into a tall bun. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time.
'7:10'
Okay, I still have around fifty minutes. I threw on my jacket, grabbed my guitar bag and apron and made my way to the train station.
I made my way into the coffee station, saying my 'hellos' and making my way to the back. I set my belongings down and made my way to the counter. I still haven't gotten over the fact that coffee shops are so overly crowded so early in the morning! Then I thought about it, it is fashion week here in New York. Welp, more business means more money in my pockets. That's always a good thing.
"One tall peach iced tea for Alexis!" I called out as a young brunette grab her item. She said a quick "thank you" then left. My hands were incredibly sore from doing the same routine for six hours.
I heard the door jingle.
"One large black coffee, please?" The man asked. As I looked up to give him his price, I saw Drake. Aubrey Graham. He was standing here infront of me. He was on the phone and looked deep in conversation. I didn't want to freak out and look like some overly obsessed fan.
"Um, that'll be $4.15, sir." I said, shocked at how calm I was speaking to this living legend.
He pulls out the money and hands it to me. I go to give him his change.
"Keep the change, honey." He said as I nodded and smiled. I gave him his drink then he went to have a seat in one of the booths. I looked at the time as it read "2:30" which means that my shift is over in a half an hour. I was mentally hoping that he could stay and listen to me sing. "This could be my chance." I thought.
'7:30'
I was getting a bit frustrated that no one was paying attention to my music, it kind of made me lose hope. As I looked up and saw Drake watching me, I knew i had to make an impression. I'm going to sing the song that I had written last night. I played with the strings of my guitar before I started to sing the lyrics. I closed my eyes before I sang and the last thing I saw was Drake.

'Oh say can you see my stars,
The night time is almost ours,
To wander through alleys
And look at the bars,
Night time is almost ours.
The headlights from passing cars,
They illuminate my face then
Leave me the dark,
The voice of Nirvana says
Come as you are and I will,
Night time is almost ours.
The sway of the hips and arms,
They'll cradle you from afar,
They swing till you're tired
And send you to Mars,
Night time is almost ours.'

I opened my eyes when I heard a sudden round of applause immediately after I finished the song. I stood up smiling as I looked around, but someone was missing. Drake. I sighed and went to the back to collect my belongings. I pulled on my jacket, grabbed my guitar bag and apron and headed home.
I walked through the front door of my apartment, stripped myself of all of my clothes and went to my patio and just watched the cars and lights. Maybe this isn't the right time.

This is my first chapter, and I'm sort of iffy about it. I hope you guys enjoy this story, though!✨