Chapter 18: Shattered Mirror

Angie's POV

I helped some of the villagers, that was unfortunately caught in the explosion. Some, was left either dead. Or just lucky with the minor injuries.

"Think, the white panther caused this." Kayla said. Checking out the whole east village, half of it in complete ashes or easier way for it.....ruins.

My jaw tighten."Had to be." I responded, to the petite female mage. Deep down in my gut, I was hoping it wouldn't be.

A shadow of a figure hid deep within the shadows. Spying on the little fairies.

The mysterious figure pulled the arrow, against the thin visible sting, far enough, until it couldn't go any far.

The figure aimed, focusing on the target. The ocean mage. Chanting some spell, that was barely audible. The arrow started giving off an dark aura, letting it go as it cut through the air in full speed.

"....!" Logan quickly noticed the soaring arrow that flew through the sky, at a great deal amount of speed.

The fire mage feet started moving by themselves. As, if they developed a mind of their own. Gaining speed with each step, he took. Getting closer, closer.
.

.

.

Logan's muscular arms suddenly wrapped around my torso, pushing his whole weight onto me with enough force, knocking me off my feet. Literally

My back came into contact with the surface of solid ground. Pain tricked up my spine, from the rough impact.

The arrow missed, and came into contact with the ground instead.

Logan let out a sigh of relief."That was close." He said.

I wanted to hit the idiot for tackling me, like this was some football game. But, when seeing that arrow. He did me a favor by saving my life.

He was willing to risk his own life. To try and save his nakama.

Logan climbed off me. After helping me getting off the ground. It's the least he could do. After, surprising me---I mean saving me.

"A...magic arrow?" I said. Extending my hand out towards the arrow, until Kayla grabbed my wrist.

"Kayla?"

"A enchanted arrow. It's poisoned!" Kayla warned. Pulling my hand back away from the arrow.

"Poisoned." I exclaimed. When, the solid script mage let go of my wrist.

"But, isn't it strange." Sakura stated. Catching every mages attentions, even Melina and Hayden.

"That--" Sakura started talking. But, I zoned out. Blocking out the sound of her voice, when my eyes spotted some familiar.

"Hunter?" I said. It was lend well built teenage boy, with short brown chocolate hair. Hunter Blake. My adopted older brother.
I also noticed that he had suddenly turned around, and started walking away.

"Wait!" I cried out. Quickly breaking into a run after the boy. The others had taken noticed to my sudden running off.

"Where are you going?!" Melina shouted. Breaking into a full sprint after the ocean mage.

_________________________

I stopped. When, I suddenly lost track of the boy, who looked very similar to my brother.

I sniffed the air. Didn't pick up a single scent, that's smelled like Hunter. But, how would I know, what he suppose to smell like in the first place.

Suddenly, I started groaning or screaming in pain. Clenching my head in my hands, a throbbing pain had suddenly started in my head, it felt like was being pounded by a rock.

"Sorry, about this." A voice told me. I fell to the ground on my knees, clenched my teeth.

My violet eyes blinked trying see through the frizzy gaze, who was standing in front of me. Just watching me, enduring this pain, was it this person's doing. "Who....are...you?" I said. My last words came out more like a whisper, before everything went....dark.

"Understand why I have to do this.." The voice said. Picking up the girl in his arms, bridal style.

"Dear, sister,"

"Angie."