Chapter 19: Family Means More

Angie's POV

It was all a daze, fuzzy and unclear. Everything felt like it was spinning so fast I couldn't move. My eyes felt like they were nailed shut. No matter what I did they won't open. Noises and voices I heard was like whispers through all the drumming in my ear. I felt as though my memory had shaded an important part, maybe not. I couldn't think straight and nothing seemed right.

"Time to wake up." Was the first whisper I could make out. Deep and low, the voice seemed familiar to me. But no image of anyone flashed into my head.

"If she's waking up. Just knock her out again! It's fun seeing a little fairy in pain!" A small and high. This voice belonged to a girl.

"You take care of this one. We'll handle her friends." Another guy's voice. My ear ringed slightly, things started to clear and my body seemed to no longer weighted down so much. I still couldn't move, pressure in my head seemed to have vanished. I groaned at the throbbing pain.

"Wake up." The same boy's voice spoke to me, once more. I was so focused on the pain, that I barely heard it. But, I slowly opened my eyes. After a few attempts to open them the blurriness and pain left my eyes and allowed my vision to see clear.

"It's about time." The same boy said. I turned my head to my left to see the voice's owner standing there. Who is...where am I in the first place? I thought to myself in my head.

I wrinkled my nose, when getting the smell of something strong, and awful. The sensation burned the back of my throat, I started coughing harshly.

"Priest. Go smoke, when you're out of here!" The boy said. His words filled with an direct order, like a captain giving out orders to his crew. In a harsh, meaner kind of way though.

"Whatever." The voice I had heard earlier from before responded in an boring way, before walking off. The sound of his heavy boots made, against the floor.

"I want to stay! Oh, can I stay?!" The high, pitch girl's voice asked. Her eyes was just begging their heart out. Until, Priest's boomed yelling from the outside.

"ARINA!!"

The light pink haired female made a frown, upton hearing her name being called."Fine. But, I wanted to stay with Hunter!" Her voice faded when it got far away.

I blurred out the rest of what she had said when I heard the name Hunter. A big cloud of old memories and what had happened hours ago appeared in my head. The fuzziness gone, the drumming in my ears silenced, and the pain completely vanished.

"Hunter!! Where the hell, am I?!" I yelled.

"Angie! Calm down!" Hunter walked over to me to stop me from getting up, but he didn't have to. I fell down, my knees had suddenly gave out. They felt weak, my whole body felt in pain. It stung in every way.

"W..Why?" My voice quiet and full of shock. I had taken noticed that my right forearm, up to my shoulder was covered in bandages. That wasn't the only place, that was covered in a few wrapped bandages.

"Sorry, about that." Hunter said. Gripping onto my shoulder.

I whined at the sensation of pain that washed over my shoulder, when Hunter had gripped onto it.

"Where am I?!" I said, through my clenched teeth. I wasn't scared or anything like that.

"Somewhere." Hunter told me. He avoided any type of eye contact with me, as if he was ashamed.

"Hunter! Please, my friends!" I pleaded. Begging with my whole heart, but when I heard Hunter's words, it broke.

"Priest and Arina are gonna take care of them." Hunter said. His words felt like needles through my heart, it was so cold and heartless. I know there are only about three of them and more of us, but who know how strong or what type of magic they have. I more concern for my friends then my own position.

"What the hell! Is the matter with you?!" I spat out, practically screamed out the words in his face. This wasn't the adopted brother, I knew in my childhood."What happened to my protective older brother?!"

"Am still the same guy." Hunter said. That just ticked me off even more, if he was the same person when he was an child, his actions would have to be stronger then his words!

I reached out, and pulled him closer, so he would have no choice but to look me dead in the eye. I gripped tightly onto the collar of his shirt, I now took noticed that my wrists was cuffed in magic-canceling chains. No point in worrying about it.

"The Hunter blake I know. Wouldn't be doing all this." I said. My voice was barely inaudible, it was quiet and soft. I hung my head low, letting my brown hair drape over my shoulders, and falling in front of my face.

"Angie, you have to understand." Hunter said. I gripped tighter onto his shirt, my hand trembled. I didn't want this.

"Understand what, Hunter?" I said. Whispering the words, but my head shot up. To his surprise, he saw tears in my eyes.

"Fairy Tail is my family!! Like you are! M..My family!!" I cried out. My lips quivered, with each words that passed through my lips. I needed a family, my real family not an enemy!

Just help me get through this!

"Hunter....I have to help my friends!"