Chapter 1

***Em's POV***

I was just walking around town with my friends not really talking, but its not like they were trying to talk to me either, they knew better than that. For the past month my dad had been in the hospital he was sent back from the Navy in critical condition, he had taken a bullet to the head and it didn't look like he was going to make it. I didn't want to believe the doctor or anyone else for that matter my dad was a fighter and he was going to make it. I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out of my back pocket and checked to see who it was from.

"Asthon: Hey you wanna do something tonight?"

I quickly replied back with a yes, it was nice that all of my friends were trying to help me get my mind off things even though most of the time it didn't work, but I was up for anything. I told my friends that I was going home and headed to the bus stop. I stepped on the bus, swiped my bus pass, and quickly sat down in the nearest seat I saw. I popped in my headphones and began to drown out the real world with my music until I reached my stop. I couldn't get my dad out of my mind something didn't feel right it sent a chill down my spine and I quickly shook it off. I got off the bus and started walking towards my house trying to see if my mom's car was there. It wasn't, I sighed she was never home anymore she was always in hysterics refusing to leave my father's side I mean I can't blame her that's her husband but that doesn't give her the right to abandon her only daughter.

I sighed as I turned the lock and walked inside the messy house. I walked to the upstairs bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, I was a wreck my makeup was smeared under my eyes and my hair no longer straight I looked in the mirror for a bit longer before walking out of the bathroom and into my room. I threw myself on my bed and broke down. Nobody understood how much my dad meant to me he was the only one who was ever there, I was loosing him, I was going to be alone just like before. I sat up and wiped the running makeup and tears out from under my eyes and sat in silence with just the occasional sound of my own sniffles. I jumped hearing the sound of the doorbell echoing through my empty house and got up to open the door. Ashton stood there with an excited grin on his face but it quickly disappeared when he saw the black streaks down my face and the puffiness of my red eyes.

"Em what's wrong?" He said eyes full of concern

I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out as I choked on my own sobs and started crying again. Ashton walked in the house and picked me up closing the door behind us with his foot. He carried me to my room and sat down on my bed with me on his lap. I didn't talk and neither did he. He just rocked me back and forth in his arms while I cried into his t-shirt. I don't remember how long I sat crying in Ashton's arms but, I woke up in them too. I looked up at him he was still in the same position as the night before but, now he was leaning back against the head of my bed, his eyes closed and his breathing steady. I smiled at the sight of him sleeping he looked so peaceful too bad I was going to have to ruin it. I needed to get up to pee and there was no way I was going to do that with out waking him up. I turned my body so it was facing his and began tickling his sides, he groaned and looked down at me.

"Well good morning to you too" I laughed out

"Haha good morning"

I realized the whole point of why I had woken him up and got up and ran to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to pee!"

I heard him laugh as I closed the bathroom door, I came back to the room to see Ash wasn't there anymore, I turned around to see where he had gone and stopped when I heard the crashing of pots and pans coming from my kitchen. I laughed this boy was definitely a handful.