Discovered

I order what I'd always ordered as a student; a hazlednut steamer. The fimilar liquid slides down my throat in a calming and refreshing river. I thank Susie, the cashier, and walk towards the seat outside that I'd always sat in as a student. That was my first mistake, the second was taking my hood off. I don't know why I'd done it but I had, probably because it was an old habit of mine and we often slipped into our old habits.

I didn't think anything of it as I looked down at my bookbag debating whether or not to take out the books I'd just purchased. A moment later Ruth, one of my best friends in school, came up to me, "Micheal! I was wondering how you were doing!"

I looked up in surprise, "Wha...shit." I say realizing that I'd put down my stupid hood.

Ruth looked at me amused, "We just slip into old habits, don't we."

"You do realize that I shouldn't be sitting out here right now, that I've been trying to hide from this kind of lifestyle." I grumble.

Ruth smiles, "Yep!" She laughs, "I just wanted you to know that some of us miss you and that you'd better put your hood on." She looked at me in silence, "I know that you're the one they call Killer. I know that Riker has been helping you, Micheal I know."

I looked at her dumbfounded, "How?"

"Because you left a trail. I know what you do when you get angry, remember that journal of plans? You used them and no one else would've." Ruth smiled sadly, "Why are you killing them?"

I looked at my hands, "They killed him. They killed my master right  in front of me! Do you know how that felt? I was helpless while they murdered him IN COLD BLOOD!"

"You don't have to kill." Ruth said quietly turning on her heel and walking away with her steaming chai. "Your Master wouldn't have wanted you to kill."

I watched her go hearing her words ring in my ears, 'Your Master wouldn't have wanted you to kill.' Walking towards the table Ruth had sat down I leaned down, "Ruth please help me."

Ruth raised an eyebrow but got up from the table of giggling friends and followed me out of the Coffee Shop block and towards the park. "Micheal, what's this about?"  

"I don't want to kill any other person but for the snake that killed my Master." I growled.

Ruth sat down on a bench, "Micheal, you've killed! That's something that doesn't just disappear." 

"But it could, I could be a different person." I protested.

"No, Micheal you will always be you. You are amazing and no one else is like you, you were just blinded by grief." Ruth answered glaring at me slightly, "Don't get a different identity."

"I don't think I can live with what I've done."