My Clan

I leaned back in the chair watching as Riker brought in the new recruites. I had expected a guy, you know the kind that could beat the snot out of anybody, but what I saw was actually a girl. Granted she wasn't an extremely lady-like girl but nonetheless she was a girl. 

"Here ya go Killer, your fifteenth recruite." Riker laughed. 

I rolled my eyes, "Sit down." I ordered the girl.

"I'd prefer to stand." She tossed her hair back.

I raised an eyebrow, "Very well. So what expirence do you have in this sort of...business." 

She smiled, "More than you need to know. My dear Father was part of one of these 'businesses'. I had to take care of everything when he passed." 

"Good, but do I know whether you can actually beat someone up?" I watched as Riker slowly picked his gun out of his pocket.

"Of course. I could demonstrate now." 

I exaimed her as if I could learn whether or not she could beat someone up, "That's fine. What's your name." 

"Black." She answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Sure it is." 

"It is." Black answered, "My Father thought I was black when I was first born." 

The story sounded like she had just thought it up but I could see an upside to having her in Clan. I wouldn't trust her as much as I trusted Riker because, honestly, I still didn't believe her. "You're in. Riker tell Maria to get her situated."

"As you wish master."  Riker laughed; we both knew that he was as important to this as I was. He was, for lack of a better word, the man behind the scene.

I watched them go before walking towards the streets. I pulled on a cloak and stepped out into the streets. As I walked I thought about my mission; to kill whoever killed my master. I needed a team first, a team I could absolutely trust which would take a while, then I'd need an empire and finally I'd make my move. It would take a while but I was sure it would be worth it.