Shattered

Today was probably the only day that you have had an actual day to spend time with Venus. But it didn't feel like he wasn't even paying attention to you. He seemed to engulfed in dance moms to even care.

"Do you want anything to drink?..." You asked him in a kind, yet harsh voice. He just simply nodded his head, not tearing his eyes away from the screen for a second. You sigh and playfully ruffled his hair, hearing him growl in frustration as he pat it down again. You got up and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass from a nearby cabinet and filling it with water.

You began to walk back to living room and set the glass on the coffee table. "There you go" You said happily and sat down next to him. He didn't acknowledge your return but did flinch slightly when you rested your head on his shoulder. You got back up shortly after to get a drink for yourself and grabbed another glass, filling it up halfway with water.

As you trudged back into the living room, you tripped on a rug and ran into the wall, causing a very expensive looking mirror to fall down with you. Venus heard the crash and shut off the tv and ran to where you were, seeing glass shattered and blood running from the palm of your hand, signifying that you either got cut with glass or there was a glass shard in your hand.

You weeped and held your wrist tightly, your eyes closed, not bothering to look at the blood that you knew was flowing from your hand. Venus rushed into the bathroom and grabbed a first aid kit, rushing back and grabbing you hurt hand gently, causing you to shriek slightly in pain.

"Shhh... Everythings fine" He mumbled and pat your head, looking back at your hand, focusing to see what was wrong but soon figured out that it was indeed, a glass shard stuck in your hand. He skillfully pulled it out with tweezers, trying not to hurt you anymore as he felt you arms tense up. Venus wrapped a bandage around your hand, making sure it was tight but not tight enough to cut off circulation.

You sniffled and mumbled a small 'Thank you' while laying your head on his chest. He sighed and smiled, petting your hair be for picking you up and laying you down on the couch, turning off the TV. He walked back out to the kitchen and look at the mess but his eyes soon widened, the glass wasn't just any mirror. It was a mirror that his mother gave to him -before she left him with his father who never liked Venus- in her will.

His face flushed in rage as his picked up all of the shards of glass, caressing the frame of the mirror. He ran back into the room where you were laying down. You looked at him with a confused look and sat up, walking over to him and gently trace your fingers across his jaw line.

"What's wrong Venus?" You asked thoroughly confused. He looked down at you, his sunset eyes had this sort of flame in them, like they were lit with sorrow and anger. "What wrong is that..." He paused, his voice become more harsher than it was when he started "You broke the only thing I have" He quickly corrected himself "Had left that represented my mother!" He screamed at you, causing you to drop your hand and stagger away from him, tears in your eyes as you figured that he wouldn't forget this and just think of you as a klutz and nothing more of you.

You sat back down on the couch and hid your face in your hands, crying silently. It was kind of harsh. I mean, you just realized that you loved the dude and know he's screaming at you like you're a piece of trash in his eyes.

Venus quickly recovered from his hurt and angered state only to see you crying and felt his heart tear into two pieces. He never liked making a girl cry, especially you. He sat next to you and nuzzled your neck, hearing you mumbled the same two words, over and over again.

"I'm sorry..."