three : 2238

"Ash mate, not right now, not tonight. I can't go out during the Purge high as a fucking kite,"
"You usually would."
"Yeah, usually, but I'm not sure if you're aware of this or just fucking blind, but there is currently a girl passed out on that booth with a small child in tow, whom I promised to take care of, so, like I said, not tonight."

I awake to two low voices murmuring away a few feet from where I am. My head aches like I've just been attacked with a metal hammer to the temple. It takes a moment for me to recollect myself and recall where I am and what happened, and then it hits me with the force of an atomic bomb.

Red head. Calum. The young girl. Blood. Shots. Running.

The last thing I can remember is stumbling through the boarded up doors of a dilapidated cafe with Calum and Oscar in front of me.

I stir, and the voices cease.
"I think she's awake."
"Yeah, no shit Sherlock"
"Shut up, you fucking moron."

Groaning, I open my eyes and pull myself into a sitting position, taking in my surroundings. It is a dim and dark cafe, clearly not in use for many years, with tables being pushed over or threatening to collapse at the slightest movement. The seat I am currently in is falling apart at the seams and there is a prominent smell of mould and dust in the air.

Two boys-almost young men-are stood nearby looking at me, I recognise one of them as Calum. He shoots me a worried and relieved look at my arousal. The other I do not recognise, and fear of the unknown begins to course through me as I stare at him.

He is wearing a tight-fitting black vest, clearly showcasing his incredibly toned arms and chest, which are currently crossed, the veins prominent and taut. His dirty blond hair is pushed back by a tattered red bandana on his tanned forehead, and his hazel eyes hold a slight hint of mockery along with exasperation, going perfectly well with the slight smirk on his lips. I do not know him.

Panicking, I look around for Oscar, and I cannot see him at all. Immediately, I jump out of the booth, ignoring the wave of nausea that hits me, and rush over to the unknown boy stood near me. I lose most of my common sense as a desperate need to find my child fills me. Grabbing his vest, I push him back, anger prevalent on my face.

"Where in God's name is my child? I'll give you three seconds to explain before I rip your fucking balls off and shove them down your throat." I hiss in his face, his hazel-green eyes only showing more amusement.

"Woah there Princess, I think you should just calm down before you try to jump me." He smirks, his hands up in a sign of surrender.
"Don't fucking push me, where is my child?" I spit in his face as rage courses through me.

He just laughs, a sarcastic and arrogant sound, and I push him harder, before Calum steps in and pulls me off. He turns me around and leans down so he is eye level with me.

"Sienna, Oscar's asleep just over there. I know you've just woken up, so you probably didn't realise, but Ashton here would never hurt your kid. He's my friend. He's with me and he won't hurt you or Oscar."

My face tints red, as I realise my mistake in my prejudgment and I apologise to Ashton. "Sorry"
"Alright Princess, not like I've never been jumped before."
I scoff in derision at his clear cocky, fuckboy attitude, and walk off to find a drink to soothe my scratchy throat, as the boys begin to have a quiet conversation.

"She's feisty and hot. I like her."
"Oh fuck off Ash, I'm not here to get in her pants, I'm here to look after her."
"How did you even meet? You always work alone tonight, never with someone else."
"She killed Mike-" Calum hesitantly begins.
"She killed Mike?! That fucking bitch!"