Chapter 16 - The Police

Brad's POV:

Joe whips out his phone 'Brad, I don't care what you say right now. But the police need to be involved in this!'. Just as I'm about to speak up James pulls me into a hug 'Brad, its the right thing to do. Yes we might scare Connor, but we need to make sure he doesn't get hurt again'. I nod 'I understand'. I hear Joe in the background speaking to the police and I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around and see John holding a piece of paper towards me. He signals for me to take it and I do. 'Shall I read it?' I ask and John nods.

I open it slowly and I see John's shaky handwriting. It says 'I know where Connor might be, there is a cliff nearby that he always threatens to take people if they run away'. I freeze and croak out 'a-a cliff'. John nods slowly and James rushes over to Tristan and Joe. Joe comes over quickly 'the erm...... they are on their way right now'. I nod and show Joe the note that John gave me. Tristan also reads it and tears are now streaming down Tristan's face. Joe is trying his hardest to stay strong and James sighs 'Joe, real men cry'. Joe looks down and James pulls him into a hug and Joe bursts out into tears.

The wait for the police felt like forever, but they eventually turned up after 10 minutes. 'Hello there, I'm PC Davies and this is Sargent Dickinson'. Joe nods but doesn't speak. PC Davies says 'listen, I know you're all upset and worried about your friend, but we need you guys to speak to us and tell us what has happened'. I speak up first 'i-is there a c-cliff nearby?'. Sargent Dickinson looks at me confused 'yes there is, why?'. 'John here' I point to John 'he was once c-captured by R-Ramsey and John gave u-us this note as he c-can't speak as he is m-mute'. PC Davies takes the note and reads through it, 'ok, is there any other places that he may be?'. 'Y-yeah, we s-saved Connor from Ramsey b-before and they w-were in a abandoned h-house' I say and Joe nods in agreement 'there was m-me, Brad, T-Tristan and James t-there'. 

Sargent Dickinson notes everything down and I take a deep breath 'can we go and find him please'. PC Davies takes a deep breath 'listen, were not meant to take people along with us on chases, but considering we have a police car we can only take one of you with us'. Joe looks towards me 'Brad, he seems to have warmed closest to you the past few days'. I smile 't-thank you. I'll s-see you later'. 

I climb into the back of the police car and I take a deep breath. 'You're going to have to tell us if you see him in the bushes' PC Davies says and I nod. As we drive down a small lane, I start to see quite a few bushes starting to surround us, they are taller than the car. I look around furiously for any clues. I don't see anything until the police car comes to a stop.

The police men climb out of the car and I hear one of them say 'what the hell'. I climb out of the car and freeze. I see a car which has crashed into a tree next to a bush. The police men run over to the car and PC Davies shouts towards me 'there is someone in this car!'. I run over to the car and peek inside. I see a little girl laying face down on the dashboard with a crack in the window by her head, she isn't moving. 'It looks like she wasn't wearing her seat-belt when they crashed' Sargent Dickinson says. PC Davies looks at the backseat 'it looks like there were about 3 or 4 people in this car'. I follow PC Davies' gaze and see that there are some blood stains on the back of the drivers seat. 

I look towards the bushes and see bushes which have been pushed out of the way 'look'. PC Davies and Sargent Dickinson look at the bush and PC Davies says 'looks like whoever was driving this car has tried to make an escape with the person in the back'. Sargent Dickinson makes his way towards the bush 'follow me, keep a close eye out'. I nod and follow PC Davies and Sargent Dickinson. 

Joe's POV:

I'm sitting in a cafe with Tristan, James and John and we wait for the phone call or text from Brad. I feel my foot tapping against the floor rapidly and James glances over at me 'its ok Joe, just take deep breaths'. I put a fake smile on 'I'm j-just nipping t-the loo'. I stand up and go to the toilets and close the door. I peek my head out of the door and notice that James, Tristan and John aren't looking towards me. Now's my chance to go get something. I slowly walk over to the door and John makes eye contact with me. I hold my finger to my lip and sneak out of the cafe.

I power walk towards the shop at the corner and head inside. I smile when I see an aisle which just might help calm my nerves, the alcohol aisle. 

Brad's POV:

Me, PC Davies and Sargent Dickinson slowly walk through the little walkway made by Ramsey. Sargent Dickinson holds a finger to his lips and whispers 'the end is just down here'. I nod and so does PC Davies. We all head to the end of the grassy path. I see Connor on his hands and knees and Ramsey trying to rip his clothes off. 'No, no, no, no, no' I say and PC Davies looks at me confused and I say to him 'he's trying to sexually abuse Connor again'. Sargent Dickinson glares at him 'I hate people like him'. 

The police men then exit out of the bush with their guns at the ready. Ramsey lifts Connor up by his neck and holds him close to his chest shouting 'go on shoot me!'. Ramsey slowly starts to back up to the edge of the cliff with Connor and I emerge from the bush. Connor makes eye contact with me and shouts 'BRAD!'. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi There!

How are you all? I hope your all doing great!!!!!

Also I have some sad news!!!!

The story is almost finished in a few chapters!!!

Buuuuuuuuuut, I was thinking of making a sequel to this!!!!!

Anyhoo, I hope you amazing and awesome people have an amazing day or night and I'll see you in the next update!

Byeeeeeeeeeeee!