Chapter 3: Ken

33. Ken, or known as Klent009, hated his bad luck once again. He was 33rd out of the millions of people that were going to join. He knows this should be quite an achievement, but he still wanted to make top 10. He had failed to impress the company to be selected as a beta tester or a bug boy and had knew that his chances to be top 10 was slim, but he had been hopeful.

      Ken looked around and saw a person tha twas called "CrendallReaper619" have "6th" pop up in the air. Ken sighed and started walking through the crowds of players that joined this game, marveling at how many of the structures defied physics, but at the same time making sense in the way it was put. He now walks down a crowded street filled with players and NPCs. NPCs, non-player character, is a computer controlled character that does what it is programmed to do. In this case, dealers in shops, Ken recalled to himself.

      Everyone was strolling around, but there was one person who was running. This person seems to know where he was going even though it was only a little more than 20 minutes of the game's release. Ken recognized this person instantly after . This was the player he seen earlier at spawn. This is the 6th person to join the game, CrendallReaper619. 

      Ken thought if he should run after him. Then when he was in the middle of chasing, he remembers what being 6th meant. He realized that this player could be a beta tester or a bug boy, he might not want to bother with a newbie like him. But on the other hand, he might be a nice person that can give him tips to the game, he thought.

      Ken looked up to continue the chase. He cursed his luck once again for losing sight of him and dashes off towards a random direction. He ran down a alleyway to get to the open field where he had hopes of finding him. The open field is a place where passive creatures are spawned. Some of them won't attack back when killed, but some of them will if attacked repeatedly. When killed, these weak creatures will drop money, experience points (XP), and a chance to get an item. Most newbies farm (farming is when killing creatures continuously to gain and power up) here for the easy money and XP because the creatures are weak. The items dropped usually isn't that useful.

      Suddenly something hard connected with his head. He backed up a little from the shock of it. "Man! How many times do I have to tell you that you can't feed pain in the game! Only the HP (HP, is Health Points, and when it drops to zero, you are dead and will re-spawn at the spawn area.) drops! Plus we are in a no-PVP (player verse player, when you can attack another player) area.", says a voice behind him. There are two players there that are bigger than him and already both at level 2 while he is still level 1. Great, 42 minutes since launch and there are already  players mugging others for stuff, Ken thinks to himself. "What do you two want?" Ken asks. "Oh, about that", says the taller one, "We just want whatever you have right now including your starter's kit." The starter's kit is something every players get when they join the game. The starter's kit has some random weapon that is limited to a small set of default weapons for level 1-5 players. After you get stronger that weapon is weak and useless. These guys probably wanted whatever he had and then sell whatever they got from him for money.

      "Time is ticking! I will drag you to the nearest PVP zone and greet you to my fists. There is no outrunning us since you're still level 1!", says the shorter guy. Ken evaluates the situation and says, "Alright, alright. Just don't hurt me...". He pretends to look in his inventory and the moment they look at him with a nasty smile, Ken dashes off because their guard is down. "HEY. Stop running!" one of them say.

      All of a sudden he feels something slam into him. When his vision clears he sees that the two of them is standing there cracking their fists. "This could've went the easy way." one of them exclaimed while smiling. Ken realized he had ran straight into a PVP allowed zone. One of them begins with a punch. Ken braces for impact. Nothing happens and when he opens his eyes, he realizes that the one of them was knocked back on to the floor. Then he sees someone knock the other one down. He sees the person but he doesn't see who it is because of the fast movement.

      The two players that was trying to fight back against the speeding person was trying their best to defend, but only the shorter one managed to get a small punch that missed the target and sent the taller person's jaw crackling with pain. As the speeding person goes the for the final blow that kills the two, he yells, "May this be a lesson for you two, while you think about what you did wrong here, at spawn." The two crumbles into pixels that float towards spawn. Ken sighs and looks at the person that saved him from nearly getting himself beat up and sent to spawn like the other two.

Ken nearly has a heart attack, which isn't possible in this virtual world, when he sees who saved him.