Chapter 2: Yivious

"3, 2, 1". The game is released. Yivious Legia smiles as he watches the game he developed launch. His dream has came to be. The many years of hard work has payed off as he watches the first few players pop in the game. He is going to enter the game himself later, but for now he watches from his computer. He examines the scenery as the first few players pop in. These are the few he will soon meet at Xcon in Florida.

      The first to pop in, Celder1_1, was not a beta tester or a bug boy. This surprises him. All the information about the players are shown to him, including if the person was among the beta testers or bug boys. Everyone knows that these players had gotten their account early and does not need to sign up and miss the chance to get into top ten. However, this player has gotten himself first through registering time and still log in fast enough.

      This player will be the first person I talk to at Xcon, Yivious tells himself. The second player to pop in, LinkZelda21, a beta tester. Third, Macintel_i7, the top bug boy joins. Then all at once a crowd pops in and blocks the view of the rest. He tried to see if he can locate the rest, but was only successful to see the 6th. CrendallReaper619, a bug boy.

      Yivious finally decides to join. However, he has some errands to do right before he could do so. In 6 hours of the game's release, he joins the game finding himself to be spammed with in-game calls, he also had seen many notifications from the developers he decided to ignore, thinking that they were reports of bugs already found in the game that he will fix later and advertisers wanting to make money. He shut his call system to stop the spam. He then starts spectating the game in the air invisible to everyone because of his admin privileges. Yivious Legia then starts to realize something is oddly wrong.