Six

State of the art
•6•

I woke up to the sound of Mona and Ryan talking.

"I just.. I was overwhelmed with depression, Ry. I regret leaving him. I left everything. Jon basically kept me away from all outside impact. I hate him."

"Its okay, we all make mistakes Mona. He still loves you. Even ask his buddy Dallon, he never stopped searching for you." Ryan said. It made me smile.

"He.. He does?" she gasped. "I need to talk to him later." I acted as if I was asleep so it wouldn't seem coincidental if I suddenly wokr up after that conversation. After about five minutes I stretched my arms and groaned out,

"Mornin.."

"Good morning." Mona chirped.

"Morning. Let's get some coffee and hit the road. Its a long drive back." Ryan suggested. I nodded and stretched out my legs more and stood up off the bed, walking out the door. We locked it behind us and went to the lobby.

After returning the key, we got some coffee and bagels from the complimentary breakfast in the sitting area. When we walked to the car, rain was pouring down, which got US soaking wet.

I bolted to the car and got in as fast as possible. I looked through the window to see Ryan and Mona laughing their asses off at me, walking normal pace. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at them and started changing up the radio. They got in and sat down.

"My car was all dry and then you little twits..." I mumbled. Ryan chuckled and I switched the radio to a certain channel that happened to be playing "Miss Jackson," one of my new songs. I smirked and left it on. I saw Ryan glaring at me. "What?"

"Seriously." he scoffed jokingly. Mona laughed really unnecessarily hard. These were the moments I missed. Just the pure moments of happiness and friendship.

***

Hours later, I woke Mona up because she had fallen asleep. We were back in sunny LA. She grunted and shook her head, sitting up straight. I laughed at how unladylike that was. She sat up and got out of the car.

"Hey, I gotta go to work. I'll text you later." Ryan said.

"Okay. Thanks Ryan. For everything. I missed hanging out with you."

"You two man. See ya." He said whilst getting into his car and driving off.

Mona had already gone inside and crashed on the couch. I snuck past her quietly and went to my desk in the office. I rustled through drawers to find the box I never got to use. I walked out,

"Mona?"

"Yeah?" she answered. I walked over to her and she sat up. I got down on one knee.

"Mona Hart. I love you with all my heart. You make me sad when you are away, and when you're near I'm always happy. Will you marry me?"

"Brendon.. I.. Yes!" she said excitingly. My eyes lit up with happiness and I slipped the ring onto her finger. She grabbed my face and kissed me.

"I love you to the moon and back."

"I love you to Jupiter and back."

And that's it.

I got my love back. It seems cliche, but..

I guess we lived happily ever after.

THE END