Chapter 4

A rush of warm air enveloped me as we went inside. A female

 waitress came to serve us, and kept winking at Aaron. I sighed in my head. I was going to have to get used to this, if I went out in public with Aaron. After we'd ordered, me a chocolate frappocino coffee, and a chocolate brownie,and him a caramel frappocino coffee, with caramel cake. We started debating which coffee was better.

 After five minutes of non stop debating and laughter, the coffee and cakes arrived. A took a sip of heaven and had a bite of my cake. Aaron was staring at me, as if he could see into my soul.

"Look, I know I may not be the normal girl you're seen with in public, I know I eat cake when I'm just meant to get water, not a frappocino, but I'm hungry, okay? I may not be a stick but-" For the millionth time today he interrupted me, smiling to himself.

"Elle, there's nothing wrong with eating, I wouldn't want you to be a stick, I was just  looking at you, because you're so beautiful." He said, hiding his eyes under his lush lashes. I hid my face

 under my fringe and gulped.

"Oh." I whispered, being the genius I was.

"Thank you, but I'm really not." I

 replied, trying to hide the blush that rose to my cheeks. He shook his head and laughed a husky laugh. The waitress soon came back with a napkin that she gave to Aaron. "What about Elle?" He said, looking at me. She resentfully, put a napkin on me too, and went back to looking at Aaron. Okay, Aaron was quite

 something to look at, but was I that ugly that she couldn't look at me for more than two seconds?!

 "Thanks," He looked at her name tag, "Shelley, but we're kind of talking in private." He remarked, looking uncomfortable. Shelley glared at me, and bent down to Aarons height. "Read the napkin baby." She whispered. What is with the world? Does Ms Wang not know she's too old for him, does Shelly have no idea that he's 17?  The world was crazy when it came to Aaron. Well, I wasn't any better, I was already falling for him, but he didn't know that. When Shelley had left I commented. "Read your napkin, pretty boy." I said, laughing at his shocked face. It says; STAY AWAY FROM MY MAN BITCH. He said. Suddenly, his eyes became ice cold, and realisation hit me.

"That napkin was for me wasn't it." I mumbled, wondering why the world hated me

 so much today. He said nothing, but his jaw was clenched. I hoped he wasn't a violence junkie.

"Be right back." He muttered, and walked towards Shelley. I wasn't sure whether I should be flattered or annoyed. Muttering to myself about having a death wish, I followed Aaron. Shelley was flirting with a customer, when Aaron tapped her on her shoulder.

"Back so soon?" She exclaimed, giggling like a 10 year old.

 He narrowed his eyes at her, and showed her his napkin.

"Oops. That wasn't meant for you." She blurted, and glared at me, as if it was my fault she misplaced her frikkin' napkin. I stared back steadily, slipping on a poker face.

"That's what makes it worse, it was aimed at Elle." He said through clenched teeth. We had quite an audience now.

"Who is she, your girlfriend?" She sneered, looking me up and down.

 "That, is none of your business." Aaron said, his icy glare never leaving hers. Suddenly, she snatched the napkin from my hand and shoved it in front of Aaron's face. The exchange between us shocked me so much, that I fell backwards, and onto the floor. Aaron put the napkin in his pocket, and helped me up. Before I had time to say thank you, he grabbed two take away bags, and stalked over to our table. He put our cakes away, picked up the coffee, muttered a quick 'come' to me, and left Starbucks. I followed suit. Well, minus all the picking up of things. He was sitting down on a bench, munching caramel cake. I went over to him, and picked up my brownie.

"Thanks, again." I mumbled. Maybe he thought I was a loner, a lost cause. Maybe, he was hanging around with me because he felt sorry for me. I hated sympathy. Anyway, he didn't

 know that I even needed to be felt sorry for. To him, there was no reason. Or was there?

"Lets go and put her phone number into good use." Aaron said, taking my hand. I finished the brownie and took my coffee. Even if you are holding hands with a God, you cannot forget your coffee. It was a nice day, but I was still curious as to where we were going. After a 10 minute walk, we arrived at an apartment.

 "Come, on." He exclaimed, punching in a code. The door buzzed, and he opened it.

"Wanna race?" He asked, grinning. I couldn't help but grin too. "You're such a kid." I laughed, and started running up the stairs. He looked shocked for a minute, but soon caught up.

"You cheated, and still lost!" He murmured, trying not to laugh, as I came panting up the stairs. "Okay, okay. So? Running isn't my forte!" He laughed, and shook his head in disbelief. "Like you have a forte." He muttered between coughs, smiling.

 "Hey! Just because you say it in between coughs, does not make it any better!" I stated, turning my back to him, and pouting. He swivelled me to face him, and put his hands on my waist.

"Of course you have a forte, Elle." He whispered sincerely. I looked into his blue eyes, and melted. "Why did you turn Shelley and Amber down, but not me?" I asked, unsure if he would understand the question.

"Because they're fake, and you're not plastic." Aaron whispered, caressing my cheek. Blushing, I looked down at my shoes.

"How do you know?" I asked, hating myself for asking.

"Because Elle, hiding under the perfect life, isn't the same as being fake." He stated, looking at my face with concern. This was like something out of a movie.

"Lets go inside." He murmured, reluctantly taking his hand away from my cheek. Again, I felt empty, like something was missing.

 He unlocked the door, and bowed. "After you madam." He said, with a bad british accent. I smiled, there was something he wasn't better than me in, at last.

"Alrighty, come on then, do come Mr Daniels." I said, with an- if I may say so myself- good british accent. He looked shocked, and then a competetive smirk took residence in his mouth.

"So, you live here?" I said, trying to start a conversation. "Yup. My parents

 stayed in Cali, but I hated it there." He replied, taking an iPhone from the table.

"Oh yeah, if I was a guy, I'd hate to have tanned girls throw themselves at me. But, you're actually right, finding a small place with less access to hot guys could be a better choice, less competition." I contemplated, smirking when he blushed. Then a smirk formed on his face, this couldn't be a good sign.

"You think I'm hot?" He said, grinning. Shit. "Well, I-" He shut me up, when he...

Sorry, I had to leave you guys hanging. Well like 5 people hanging, the only people that read this >.<

But I LOVE writing this, so I thought if there are any silent readers, post, :D

Love you guys, especially you KHADIJA. <3