Chapter 3: Finally Adopted

Bria's POV

After Shelby walked away from Demi and I, we went to go find Mrs. Watkins. I held onto Demi's hand as I showed her the way to her office. We went down the main hall and turned to the left. Demi knocked and I heard Mrs. Watkins say "Come in." We walked in and Mrs. Watkins smiled as she saw I was the one Demi wanted to adopt. Demi said "Mrs. Watkins, I want to adopt sweet little Bria." She said "Great choice Ms. Lovato. Bria is an amazing little girl, such a sweetheart. " Demi smiled and said "I can tell. Now where do I sign?" Mrs. Watkins handed her some papers to sign and said "Bria, how about you go pack your things while your new mommy fills out the forms?" I nodded my head and walked up to my room. I got out my suitcase and started to pack the little bit of clothes that I had. While I was Shelby came into my room. She pushed me down and said "I don't know why Demi picked you. You're ugly, stupid, and nobody really cares about you." I started to cry and Shelby started to laugh. She started to leave the room when she noticed Mrs. Watkins and Demi in the door. They both looked really mad. Mrs. Watkins said "Shelby, I had enough of you bullying Bria, she's four years old! Learn to show some respect. Have you been the reason this is the first time Bria has been looked at for adoption?" Shelby nodded her head and said "I made everyone think they didn't want her. I really don't like her." Demi took me into her arms and said " Let's finish packing baby girl, so we can go home." I wiped my tears and nodded head and said "Okay mommy." With that Mrs. Watkins and Shelby left the room, leaving me and Demi to pack and to get ready to go home.