Chapter One

Chapter One

I smiled as the sun poked out from behind the foggy foothills. My mind wandered, my imagination soared, as I took in the fresh air. I stood to my feet and began to walk around. The soggy grass soaked into my moccasins. My beaded animal skin moccasins my Mom made for me. I slipped onto Desert Sprinters back, the stalin was eager to move. He flung his head and dances anxiously, waiting for my command. I patted his shoulder.

“Atta boy” I complimented as the stallion stood. I had been working with him since I got him. His white main flung as he swung his large head dramatically. I looked up as I heard the sound of a scream! I pierced the air once more! Without my saying so the stallion lunged into a gallop. He was the fastest horse in the world! Besides Tornado Zorro’s black stallion, and Bala.

“N.U.R.D, change my outfit into SJ” I ordered my computer.

“Are you sure? You were fighting for quite some time last night, you are tired!” My computer informed me.

“I don’t care! Someone needs my help!” I exclaimed.

“What if this in yet another trap?” N.U.R.D asked trying to dissuade me.

“How many traps have we managed to avoid?” I questioned looking at my watched that served a good hiding spot for this futuristic machine.

“Have it your way.” She answered me rather reluctant to do as I commanded.

“O, and change Desert Sprinter to Bala.” I ordered

“Done.” She responded slightly irritated. Bala knew what was going on, she sprinted at her top speed to get into the little pueblo. The desert seemed to go on for mere seconds as adrenaline speed through me. My black mask grew warm with the rising sun. My cape flung wildly as the wind grabbed it and smacked it back and forth. I jumped from her tall back and landed on a small roof. I climbed to the top to see what all the commotion was about. The soldered where beating up men, women screamed as they jerked them around as well.

“Señors! I do believe this is childish behavior!” I exclaimed from the rooftop. I saw one stagger as he tried to look up at me, these men were drunk!

“Comandante, control your men!” I ordered lookin down at the ugly man.

“Senorita Justice, just the outlaw I was waiting for!” He aforementioned.

“How many times have I heard that before?” I mocked looking down.

“Soldiers to arm!” He demanded. The drunk soldiers suddenly straightened, N.E.R.D was right, I walked straight into his trap!

“Ready, aim!” He bagan.

“Fire!” I vociferated jumping down onto the ground. The bullets zipped way over my head.

“Really, such violence is to intolerable. Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to play with guns?” I inquired burlesquely. He narrowed his eyes as the people cheered!

“All I ask is that you treat them fairly and I will disappear.” I informed him. We did this routine three of four times a day.

“You will disappear without me abiding to your will!” He exclaimed and pulled out a pistol. I was slightly worried know that each time I came his shot grew slightly better. His shoulders began to beat the people again, I ran to their aid. The Commandant didn't’ wait to fight fair, he shot me in the back! I fell to the ground! The familiar feeling of excruciating pain surging through my body! “I am gun magnet” I thought as I looked down at the red sand. The Comandante laughed as he approached me. The land grew blurry.  I gave one last silent prayer and closed my eyes. The thought of what he might do to me if I lived was horrific!