// Chapter 8

Disclaimer: This chapter contains sexual themes.

____________

For the past few days I've barely been home. I would see Cameron here and there and we'd go from awkward to subtle flirting and back to awkward. It's now Thursday and I'm waiting anxiously by my computer waiting for that email notification I've been waiting for. I was paying too much attention to the time and seconds felt like entire minutes. There was no point in studying while being this way, I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all. They should've gotten our letters by now. Unless the bag was intercepted by thieves who thought it was full of money and riches. The thieves escaped and traveled as far south as they could, Arizona perhaps, only to be filled with anger once they reached their safe house. They wouldn't return the bag, of course, because who returns to the scene of a crime? Instead, they burn the bag with all the letters we wrote...and my message never reaches him.

Or...Gizmo simply hadn't gotten around to writing me back yet. My imagination could be off the rails completely. I sighed and decided to leave my cave to go gather some snacks. There was Cameron on the couch, I had no idea he was home. His laptop was on his lap, his feet were kicked up on the coffee table and he wore glasses. He looked...sexy.

"Hey," I spoke nonchalantly before turning left toward the kitchen.

"She lives," he grinned while typing. "Busy day?"

"Busy everyday," I exhaled. "Got two tests coming up and I didn't even begin to study. Not to mention a 7-page paper due in two days and I'm only on the first paragraph. Nothing a little energy boost can't fix."

"Damn girl. You got your work cut out for you."

"I never see you break a sweat. I'm starting to believe you're not even a student." I grabbed a can of Red Bull out the fridge along with a snack-sized pack of celery & carrots. "Where is the blue cheese dip?"

"2nd shelf behind the leftover pizza," he answered. "And actually, I'm working on two assignments at the same time right now. Not at your level of stress but I make due."

"Yeah well, I'm gonna have gray hair before graduation. So...your friends haven't been over much lately. Did they abandon you?" I crunched down on a celery stick.

"No," he laughed. "They just have their own lives...their own school-related stress. Nash found himself a girlfriend who he's already crazy about but she's originally from Texas or something. My guess is, if he's serious about her, he'll be moving out there after he graduates."

"People rush into things too much," I rolled my eyes.

"...Yeah." His smile only slightly faded and his eyes returned to the screen. "I don't know, he'll figure it out."

"And what of Sam and Stass?" My eyes wandered around. I didn't really care about Stass's news but just to be nice, I asked.

"Uh," Cameron thought. "Sam is just being Sam, nothing new on that front. And Stass, I don't know. She's mad at me about something."

"Boys are so oblivious," I smiled.

"What's that mean?"

"It means it's obvious she likes you but it completely flies over your head. You don't wanna see it."

"Nah," he chuckled. "Her and I already had this talk."

"Oh right," I nodded. "That's how it's worked for centuries between men and women. They have a talk and all bets are automatically off." He knew I was being sarcastic while I tried to hold in my laughter.