Day 3

Today I left the shelter with my Smith and Wesson .387 Magnum at hand.I went to Chicago PD in hopes of finding useful resources. I arrived at the police department.I walk in there are stairs with blood on them and hallway leading toward a open area of offices. I started walking toward the offices cautiously. I was a few steps away from the room when ¨Thump¨.I turned around and shot at the source of the sound with no hesitation .I slowly made my way to the object.It was bleeding from the chest , leg and forehead. I then continued my search for supplies.I didn't find anything of use in the offices other than some keys to a 1959 Dodge Coronet with the name Lee Gibson on the key ring. He probably will not need these anymore. I advanced to the police armory and showers.First I searched the armory I found a Mossberg 500 Persuader shotgun. Then there was 1911 Colt 45 caliber with a custom extended barrel and a useful silencer .Finally there was M1 Garand with only a few bullets left I decided just to take the bullets.Not worth the weight.I could start a fire with the gunpowder in the shells.I took a hot shower in the locker room showers. I then kept on truckin' on to my "safe " house.