Part 6 The Price of Fame

As time went on, we became more famous. Life was good, and I was finally getting over all the pain I had. I was starting to believe that maybe when you love the treble clef, you only experience pain for a little bit. That maybe after you’ve had your share of bad times, the clef rewards you with a happy life. I believed that all my troubles were finally over. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

                Senior year was coming to an end and finals were coming up, so we decided to take a break from performing to focus on our studies. We were the most popular kids at our schools and we were about to graduate. Things couldn’t be better. But little could I see that one of us was closer to falling off our trouble cliff than I thought.

                Jacob and I went downtown to shop for our tux for prom, when a group of girls saw us and came up to us screaming. They were all over us, we loved getting approached by fans, it fed our egos and we felt like total bad a$ses. But it’s not a good thing to feel like a badass if you’re not a badass. The girls boyfriends got mad and came to confront us. “Hey what are you guys doing with our chicks?” Said one of the guys, “back off punk they’re our b*tches now!!” Said Jacob, he was looking for a fight, it had been a few months since we had been in a fight. We were bad boys now so we got in fights often, Jacob was missing the thrill and to be honest I was too. But we were about to get more than we bargained for as one of the guys drew back his fist as far as he could to swing at Jacob. I stepped in front of Jacob and blocked the blow with my forearm, and in a counter move I launched my fist deep into his face. As I turned my head a fist from one of the other guys barreled into my cheek, and a big scuffle started. We were in a full on fight. We held our own for a while but after a while the unevenness of the fight began to wear on us. It was four against 2. We were outnumbered, much like our concerts, thousands of people surrounding only the 3 of us. The blows were coming left and right, then suddenly I heard a loud sound, it resonated like a hard bang on a snare drum. It was so close to ear, I thought I was def. My ears rang as I tried to regain my focus, everything was blurry as it looked like people running away. We everything cleared up I had blood on my shirt, and I felt a terrible weight against my stomach. I looked down and…”Nooooo”

                I look at the blood stained body that was in my arms, it was growing cold. I could feel the life being sucked out of it. It was Jacob, he’d been shot and he was fading fast. I tried to call for help but he stopped me because he knew it was too late for him. He’d been one of my closest friends since preschool. I couldn’t believe that this would be the last night I knew him. It was different from losing Emily and Benji. Jacob was walking off his trouble right before my eyes and there was nothing I could do to stop him. The tears began swell up in my eyes. He tried to speak but he began to choke on the blood that was in his mouth. “Don’t say anything dude, save your energy.” I wanted him to die in peace, I knew what he was going to say, so I said it for him. “No Regrets” he was ready to go, given the fact that he was a slight drug addict, he would rather die like this than to let drugs take him. And so did I, as I watched his eyes slowly shut, I told him I loved him. He was brother and his journey was ending…No his journey had ended.

                After a week the cops still had no leads, I was growing frustrated. Tahoe had quit the band, he couldn ‘t take it anymore. He couldn’t handle the pain that the treble clef brought. He was done with music. I couldn’t let the memory of Jacob die, I had to push on. But I couldn’t push on until those creeps got caught. So I did something foolish. I went on youtube, and made a statement. I said whoever the jerks are who killed my friends should come to me and let’s settle it like men, I finished the video by putting my address. I knew they needed to kill me because I was the one eye witness.

                A week after the video I figured it wouldn’t work, the only people who came to my house were fans. I had begun to forget about the video. Then one night the doorbell rang. I answered it without look through the peephole because I was expecting company. As I opened the door, and arm with a sharp blade lunged towards me and stabbed me in the stomach, I could feel the adrenaline running and that was the only thing that kept me from blacking out. I grabbed my guitar and swung, able to knock down 3 of the guys before it broke, the other one fell out of reflex.  I ran out of my house to be in the open in case they started shooting, someone would see it. I ran for as long as I could even with the knife still lunged in me, suddenly I hear two gunshots. Surprisingly I felt nothing even though both shots hit their mark. I fell to my knees, could this be it? Was this my trouble cliff? Was this how my journey would end?

~End of Part 6~

-----Sorry for the cliff hanger but I want to keep you guys interested. I would appreciate if you guys would vote, the more votes I get the sooner Part 7 will be up. Thanks!