Six Feet Under The Stars

The person who created this is called jennadevinesheeran

 I cuddle into Liam’s side and smile lightly. He tightens his grip around me and kisses the top of my head gently, letting his lips linger there for a few extra seconds. We had been outside, settled on a blanket resting on the ground for a long time, now. I have no idea what time it is, but I know it’s late. The moon was hanging high in the sky, and the stars were shining brightly above us.

Liam has been whispering sweet-nothings in my ear all night, ranging from simple “I love you’s” to things that he loves the most about me. The night was going sweetly as the sun set, and then it was things that we both liked, or both disliked to launch us into conversation after conversation. The night carried on this way for hours. The sun was beginning to rise when I finally felt the light hand of sleep pulling away my consciousness.

“You know,” I pause to yawn, closing my eyes in the process. “There’s one thing that I usually don’t like… But tonight it was nice.”

“What would that be, love?” Liam asks tiredly.

“That thing that happens right before you sleep. Everything that’s ever happened; every mistake you’ve ever made, every feeling you’ve ever felt, every moment that has made you cry; it all rushes through your mind and it prevents you from sleeping. It feels good to finally get it off of my chest…”

I feel Liam nod, and kiss my head lightly like he did when we had first laid down. I yawn again, and hold myself tightly against him. After only a few moments, I fall asleep and have the most peaceful rest I’ve ever had, right here, in the yard, curled up next to my wonderful boyfriend.