Chapter 1

I walked down the sidewalk, shivering. It was a late February morning, and it felt like the North Pole.
As I walk down the sidewalk I see smile on children's faces. The sight of their bundled up bodies and playful minds made me smile.
I continue my walk on the sidewalk to be stopped by an older white man. His blonde hair almost blended in the snow and his blue twinkling eyes really twinkled in the cold.
"Hello ma'am."
I don't say a word, scared of the news before me.
"Uhm, Hello ma'am." He said again, wanting a reply.
"Hello..." I force myself to say.
"I am Danny Poss, I work at Kingston Highschool."
I nodded, "I go to school there."
"That's awesome, well I couldn't keep my eyes from you. You are very beautiful."
I stand there shocked, this man has got to be kidding me. I'm here shivering to death and he decides to flirt with me...wow.
"Uhm, thank you, I'm sorry I've got to be going." I say, continuing my walk.
"I can take you home..."
I looked at this man, was he serious, "No thanks."
"No, let me walk you." He said trying to grab my arm.
"I said no!" I say getting ready to run.
He grabs my ass and pokes inside. I shot up, fast. Was he trying to rape me?
I ran away from this man. I was not about to get raped.
I finally got home, out of breath.
"Sandra, are you okay?" My mother asks.
"Y-Yeah, W-Why Wouldn't Anything B-Be Ok..." I say, still breathing hard from running.
My mother gives me an uneasy look, "Okay honey."
She walks to the kitchen to make lunch.
I looked at my phone, and saw my reflection. I never paid attention to my beauty. I always saw myself as a "nerd" or even a "geek". I smiled at my reflection, loving the feeling of self affection.
"Sandra, come help me with Lunch." My mother yelled.

"Mom I'm heading to bed early, school tomorrow." I said arising from my chair.
My mom just nodded as she continued to eat her food. My dad had work, and my brother was at a friend's house, who would drop him off at school tomorrow.
I slowly walked up the stairs, I thought about what had happened on the sidewalk. I didn't want to tell my mom, because you know...she'll become a beast.
I finally made it upstairs. It was freezing, so I decided to turn off the AC. Then that reminded me of something, that man worked at my school...
I dropped to the ground in shock.
"Honey, are you okay?" My mom asked.
"Yes." I squeaked.
"Ok honey, be careful."
I just nodded, I did have to be careful.
A bunch of questions, buzzed in my head. I tried to stand, but I just felt like I was going to fall over. I couldn't answer the questions, but I was anxious to.
Who is this guy?
What does he want from me?
What will he do when he sees me?
Am I safe around him?
Questions I was scared to answer, but anxious to know.
I eventually got up and made my way to my room. I shut the door and collapsed on my bed, tomorrow was big day.
I slowly closed my eyes, and felt safe. I was safe in my dreams...is what I thought.
The questions came back, but now I could visualize them.
Oh what could I do, to prevent this...?
NOTHING
Cause, I'm just...a little black girl, in a strange world.
I am Sandra Brooks, the log, road, and dummy...
The questions finally went away, and I slept peacefully and quietly.
Tomorrow...awaits...