Prologue

《AU where all characters are human》

The two children just stayed quiet on the roof top, watching the sun set. Touka let out a small sigh.
"What's wrong Touka-chan?." Little Kaneki asked. "Kaneki, don't leave me." She said as she nuzzled her face in his neck. "Of course I wont leave you." Kaneki reassured.
Touka has been through a lot in her life in a very young age. Her father was killed by a rober, while her little brother Ayato was nowhere to be found.

"Promise?." Touka asked, meeting the boy's grey eyes.
"Promise." Kaneki said.

Few Years Later
"Hi Touka-chan." Kaneki greeted as they left the school campus. "Hey Kaneki." Touka said simply. "Want to go to the mall before we head back to Anteiku?." Kaneki asked. "Sure, c'mon."

The two entered the mall and roamed around. They bought ice cream, some rabbit themed stuff and of course, Kaneki bought some books. It was already 6:00, so the two decided to head home

Before they could reach Anteiku, they always have to cross this certain bridge. While crossing the bridge, Touka felt that someone was following them. "Kaneki, I think someone is following us." She said quietly. Kaneki looked around them but nothing seems odd. "There is no one there Touka." He said.

Before they could get over the bridge, someone grabbed Kaneki from behind. "KANEKI!." She screamed. She can see Kaneki being hold by a muscular guy with a mask. Kaneki grabed all his strength and kneed the guy. This caused the guy to loosen his grip on Kaneki slightly. Kaneki pulled out of his grasped and ran to Touka.

Unfortunately, the guy recovered quickly and caught up to them fast. The two teens are now running for their lives with the guy running behind them. "Ouch!" Kaneki exclaimed as he fell down. Touka ran to Kaneki to help him get up. Touka helped Kaneki get up, but Kaneki had twisted his ankle.

"Touka, go on without me." Kaneki said softly. "No!, i can't loose you too." Touka said as she carried him on her back. She started running with Kaneki slightly limping. Kaneki felt that he was slowly slipping away from Touka's grip, he fell off of Touka's back with the guy only few meters away from him.

Touka came back to get Kaneki but the guy beat her to it. The guy was already holding on Kaneki's legs. "Get away from him!" Touka exclaimed, giving the guy a kick on the face. She kept on kicking and punching the guy, but it was useless. The guy dodged her attacks perfectly.He did not even flinch she thought.

She turned to Kaneki, looking him in the eye. She hated to see the boy hurt. She gathered all her strength and kicked the guy in the face once again, causing the guy to move a few steps away. She went to Kaneki's side and helped the boy. "It's no use Touka." He said, as he refused being helped.

"W-what are you saying?."

Kaneki turned to the right, seeing the guy coming over to them then he looked back to Touka. "Touka-chan, run." He said, a soft smile formed on his lips as he started caressing the girls cheek.

"B-but-"

"Touka, Go!." He ordered. Touka ran as fast as she could as tears formed in her eyes. She looked back to see Kaneki being carried on the guy's back. She felt her tears flowing down her cheeks, as she continued to run to Anteiku. When she got there, she told the manager. She blamed herself for leaving him behind and not having the guts to fight the guy.

Kaneki looks at the girl's figure slowly fading away. Tears formed on his eyes as he let them flow.

"I guess this is goodbye Touka-chan, see you later."

Then he blacked out.