Chapter Two

She took a deep breath before stepped over the border

She took a deep breath before stepped over the border. A pressure filling her head causing her ears to pop.

She hated that.

Walking down the small dirt path and hoped to get through the dark woods before someone caught her. That was the last thing she needed.

The path opened up to reveal the small town. The smell of wet concrete and sweat would make anyone want to cover their nose. But she refrained; she knew she just had to deal with it.

The hot summer night made me want to go home and sleep. The full moon was growing near and Willow prayed James had given her off.

Rolling her shoulders, she stepped onto the road headed towards the bar. One that was always full of young humans, getting drunk and starting fights. It was truly a surprise it is still open.

She opened the door and froze, trying to adjust to the new smells. The smells that were made worse by the humid night, the place reeked of sweat and stale beer.

"Willow!" someone yells and pulls her into the bar by the arm, "I'm so glad you're here,"

"Good evening Frank," She gave the older man a smile that was pure customer service.

"Willow," he whined, "Nancy just doesn't know how to treat a man," he had pulled her over to the bar was Nancy stood, bartending.

"Be nice or I'll have Bruce throw you out," she joked, but Frank was far too drunk to hear the sarcasm lacing her words.

"It's alright Frank," Willow cut him off as he opened his mouth to retort, "I won't let her do that," she smirked at her friend before leaving the two of them and heading into the back to get ready.

They all knew that Frank was just a grumpy old widower that hated being at home alone since his son left the state. He just wanted someone to talk to. And Nancy was not the right person for that. She was too impatient and easily irritated for that.

Willow pulled her smock on and headed back out into the bar. She went straight to work cleaning each table off as people slowly left.

 She went straight to work cleaning each table off as people slowly left