Chapter Forty-five

Willow sat in the library, as she had the last few days

She was avoiding everyone, trying to keep the sound of the fluttering beat from reaching anyone else's ears.

The only one she allowed near her was Joy, not that anyone else saught her out.

She was less worried knowing that her scenes were dull and she would probably be the last one able to hear it.

The second heartbeat from within Willow.

She had lied, telling her she was not feeling well and didn't want to be around anyone. Gilt filled her when Joy had only smiled and nodded, stating that she understood.

The library doors flew open, startling her and causing Shadow to hiss from his seat accross from her.

The gold eyes and twisted face of Rage's brother scared her a bit. She had never seen him like this, any of them like this.

Her eyes widdened, fear filling her as she wached him draw closer. The anger seemed to leak from his pores.

The Wulf stopped a few feet from her, his nostrils flaring as he looked down upon her.

The sound of gringing teeth filled the room as he eyed her, lip raised in silent snarl.

A growl rippled through him just before his hand shot out, gripping tightly to her upper arm. Roughly yanking her from her seat.

"Does he know?" The snarl shook her, fear of the pain that always came with anger like this.

"Did you tell him?" He shook her, jolting her body as if it would being forth an answer.

"W-who? W-what?" Her fear causing her to stutter. His growl sounded more like a roar as his had constricted around her arm.

"Don't play stupid, I can hear the child you carry, his child," her heart sank as he spat the words like they left a bad taste in his mouth.

"So," he narrowed his eyes, "did you tell my brother that he is going to be a father?" She could only shake her head as her throat constricted, tears stinging her eyes.

"Who knows?" She shook her head again, letting the tears stream down her fase. This wasn't the man she knew, wasn't the sweet male that wanted to protect her from his brother.

"How is it no one knows? That is one strong heartbeat that is clearly not yours,"

"I... I have b-been avoiding everyone," he laughed darkly.

"I guess I get the pleasure of telling the family, since my brother has f*cked up, yet again,"

"Fury, you're hurting me," She cried as he pulled her by the arm, nearly dragging her down the stairs when she could barely keep her footing.