CHAPTER 1 \\ swimsuits and shenanigans!

CHAPTER ONE
"The Execution"

One could almost feel the pleasant atmosphere coming from the girls. Sparkling eyes, amazed or excited squeals are present as well.

Inside the shop were all filled with women's clothing- either fancy or casual, your choice!- and probably even all kinds of dresses that can pique any girl's interest. 

Bella and Elizabeth had insisted going to Italy and others who didn't think it was a very wise idea, refused including yourself. It actually took time to be convinced but the former two won in the end.

"Come on, guys. I saw in different sites that Italy is one of the world's best-dressed people!" the Hungarian exclaimed. She was clearly getting desperate due to the fact that it was difficult for the girls to understand. You couldn't entirely blame them, though. Hungary didn't give a more acceptable reason that can possibly stop others from raising suspicions. Still, Bella wasn't against her idea.

"What if Feli finds us?!" someone defended.

"How about we go to Kiku-gege's instead?" Mei added politely. "I mean, I've seen tons of nice clothes there too-"

"Mei," Vietnam called with a quiet sigh. "That's not going to change anything either."

"Is going to a male nation's own country necessary?" your eyebrows shot up, starting to lose patience. "We can even go to yours too, Liz. So why...?"

"Just because!" she hollered. Well, that didn't seem to convince anyone at all. If this keeps up, then they're just going in circles instead of choosing some outfits now. 

Finally the girls sighed in defeat.

"...Fine."

And now they're here. For once, the girls didn't seem to regret agreeing with the Hungarian's request.

"Woah~ This is great!"

"So many dresses to choose from! Waah, my poor money~"

"Don't forget we're all here to buy our swimsuits," Anh Linh chided to everyone. You snickered.

"Always like a mother, aren't you?" She, in turn, rolled her eyes.

"Oh hush, [Name]," her voice was jokingly serious. But once again she began, "The beach, huh? I actually can't believe it's been months since I hung out with anyone besides Mei."

You stared at her with an unreadable expression. That's right. She's been with Alfred and Francis before but both their relationship didn't last long. Neither you nor Mei has any ideas why she broke up with them and if you hadn't known her that much then you'd think she wasn't affected with this at all. However, being one of her close friends, you knew. She continues pretending as if nothing happened so you and Mei always get worried for her. Although you were quite busy yourself, you made sure you have time to spend some time with your friends even for a short period of time. With a certain Vietnamese, most especially.

"Well, this is a good way to let some things go and take a breather for a bit, no?" you grinned. She rolled her eyes.

"You're too dramatic. I'm alright." Oh, how you really hope she is. You held her hand with yours, startling her a little. You smiled warmly, squeezing her hand in reassurance.

"Hey, I'm here for you. Always."

You sensed sadness in her eyes, yet she smiled for a short second then spoke,

"I know."

❀ ~ ❀ ~ ❀

Ukraine sighed, tears threatening to fall. Nothing else had the dresses taken her liking except the one in front of her. To be frank, there are actually a few that caught her interest but this one...

Knowing how big her bust size is, she knows she could never wear it. Thus, she sighed.

So what is she gonna do?

Maybe she had no choice but to pick the all-too revealing ones. 

She sighed again.

"What's wrong?"

She shot up in alert when she heard you ask from beside her. "A-ah! I-I... um..." Your eyes softened.

"Relax. I'm just curious if you're okay," you replied somehow carelessly, wiping the tears that had already went down her cheek with your thumb. "So... what is it?"

She lowered her head. "It's..." she trailed off.

"...That swimsuit, right?" you pointed to the thing she was staring at a while ago. She looked at you straight in the eyes. "Y-yes!" her voice was stiff and she almost shouted out of nervousness. Upon realizing this, she immediately stared at the floor with shame. You closed your eyes. Haaa... this girl is too tensed. Does she hate me or something?

"Did you ask them if they had other sizes for this?" She nodded. You were wondering how she was able to do that. Your guess was that she worked up all her confidence before she tried to ask them without crying. 

These thoughts aside, you started. "How about we look for more swimsuits? Sorry, but we have to find something else. Don't worry- I'll help find decent ones or anything similar to that."

She offered a shy smile, cheeks flushed. "Th-thank you."

"Don't mention it. See? You look better when you're smiling." You didn't bother to see her expression and walked towards the opposite side of the rack that was a few inches away from you.

"Um... [Name]...?" Your feet halted, head halfway turned to the side.

"Yes?"

"W-will you be my friend?" You bit your lip to force yourself not to smile.

"Of course."

❀ ~ ❀ ~ ❀

A/N: Years later and I'm still not satisfied with this chapter. Welp. Thanks for reading. Second chapter's out soon, just like the quotev one.