nineteen

★★

Mackenzie sat with Luke as he adjusted the suit they had bought in the mirror, his outfit looking 100x better than Mackenzie's. He had insisted that she come over an hour before his date to help him get ready, and even though he didn't need it and it was wasting her time, she agreed.

"Do I look good?"

"You look fine, Luke. Stop stressing." Mackenzie walked up behind him and adjusted his jacket, a small smile appearing on his face. She poked at his cheek as he ran a hand through his hair, adjusting the blonde strands.

"I really hope this goes well," Luke began, stepping away from the mirror and taking a seat at the edge of his bed. "I really like her, Mack. I want her to like me back."

"She will." Mackenzie assured him, nodding her head. All Luke had been doing that day was stressing and complaining and whining, she just needed him to stop. This boy was extremely nervous and everything Mackenzie did gave him no help at all. Luke nodded as well, pulling his phone out from his pocket.

"It's almost 5, I don't want to stop you from attending to your..plans."

"You mean Michael's house?"

"Yes, I mean Michael's house." Luke spoke quietly, his eyes diverting from Mackenzie's. He hated when she hung out with Michael. She didn't know why. "I think you can go now. I'll be fine."

"Okay," Mackenzie stood up, grabbing her jacket and her phone. She pulled her beanie on top of her head as Luke got up as well, leading her to the door. He opened it for her as she exited, watching as she pulled out her phone and went to Michael's contact.

And what he didn't like was that it was labeled "sex god mikey"

"Sex God Mikey?" Luke immediately spat, his eyebrows furrowing together angrily. Mackenzie jumped as she pressed the phone to her chest, hiding the screen from the blonde boy.

"He put it in, Jesus Christ."

Luke rolled his eyes, pressing a hand to Mackenzie's lower back and bringing her to his front door. She smiled awkwardly as she reached for the doorknob, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Good luck tonight," she mumbled, twisting the knob and opening the door. She hated when Luke got upset over stupid things like her and Michael, he was so dramatic.

"Thanks." He muttered back, watching as the small girl left his home.

**

"Mackenzie!"

A brown haired boy immediately squealed in hear ears, alarming her as the door swung open. She smiled at Calum as he roughly pulled her in for a hug, squeezing her lightly.

"Hi Calum," she greeted him, pulling away from the large boy. He smiled and stepped aside, revealing Michael and Ashton on the couches.

"Mackenzie!" Ashton spoke the same words as Calum, shooting up from his spot on the chair. Michael's attention soon diverted from the television and he looked at Mackenzie, her eyes already on him.

She waved and walked over to the two boys, greeting them.

"I'm so glad you're finally here," Ashton said as Michael hugged her before spinning her around to face the curly-haired boy, resting his chin on her shoulder. She turned her head to face his and smiled, eyeing the blue strands that fell from his head.

"I like your hair," she whispered, "blue is my favorite color."

Michael's cheeks reddened as Ashton continued, a sheepish smile displayed on the blue-haired boy's face.