t w o

lucy pov//

i followed levy through the forest, hoping levy did actually know the way back. with a quiet sigh of relief, we both soon exited the forest and found the orphanage. i happily walked up to the door and opened the big doors that lead to the inside of the small house. "hi everybody!" i greeted with a smile. my smile gradually fell off my face as i looked at was before me with nothing but terror taking over me. everyone was on the wooden floor, eyes looking lifeless and glassy. despite the strong waves of emotion crashing into me, my actions were limited due to my shock. i then snapped my head back to see nothing but levy's small body being carried away with a scaly hand. tears threatened to fall down my face, and at this point, i didn't think i had the mental energy to attempt to hold them back. as i saw the last of my friend, the wind was knocked out of me as i went through the same fate.

on instinct i closed my watery eyes, the wind pushing against my face and blocking all i could hear. when the wind's movements eventually ceased, i slowly cracked open my eyes and widened them in shock once i looked at the scenery in front of me. i felt myself was being placed down, onto the ground, unknowingly letting out a sigh of relief. "i apologize," echoed a voice that sounded it belonged to the cosmos itself. recovering from the shock,  i looked around, seeking for what could emit such a sound. in front of my eyes was something that should only exist inside the fantasies of legends and books. a dragon adorned with such pure white scales it seemed as if they were glowing. my jaw dropped in shock, unable to believe the sight presenting itself before me. 

"i apologize," the beast repeated, "if i had frightened you. the humans in the little house, they are not dead". sensing my worry, the creature spoke once more, "do not fret, they are simply unconscious and should recover. what put them in that state was the raw feeling of my power radiating from my body, it was too strong for their fragile bodies to withstand" said the white beauty.  when I could finally find my words, i said, "who.. who are you?" i said, my voice not much louder than the silence itself. the beast's pale eyes glistened, and replied with, "I am Vita. the physical form of life". i quickly nod my head in acknowledgement and gradually calm down. "where am i?" i asked. "you are existing in what is called the afterlife". i could feel my pulse race beneath my skin. i'm in the afterlife? I took in my surroundings, the ethereal clouds surrounding the floating island sprinkled with various flowers was a sight to see, but that did rise a sticky question. "d-did i die?" i asked her once more, contemplating if i really even wanted to know the answer to that question. Vita cracked a smile, contrasting with her confident and strong impression. her pale eyes met mine and said, "you are simply traveling into the future. you will wake in the future, and you are going to adapt to this". she said, confidently. i blinked, and she disappeared. inevitably, i followed her steps, my body slowly disintegrated as i felt myself being taken apart, slowly, and then all at once.

noise rushed into my ears as i felt myself be whole once again. i opened my eyes, and took a good look at what was around me. i spawned into a market, apparently unnoticed by the amount of people surrounding me. at one of the stands, i spotted a mirror. i walked to it and stared at myself. i honestly didn't look much different, other than the fact i was more mature. i quickly adjusted to my new skin and peeked into the bag resting on my hip. what the bag consisted of was a good amount of money accompanied with the book i had taken from the library. i pulled my gaze from the small purse and once again took in my surroundings, surprisingly not overwhelmed from the change in time.

i had rented an apartment, the first thing that had popped into my head. i looked around, unimpressed, then sat on a small wooden chair. i reached inside the purse and wrapped my fingers around book. surprisingly, the book was slender and thin. i opened the small book and to my surprise, there was only one page.