Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Tuesday – 24.04 – 6.30

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Ugh, even after being here for so long I still can't manage to get up in time. So I do what every normal person would do. I smashed the alarm clock beside me and went to sleep again. But much to my dismay I now had a roommate. Who was excited.

Very excited.

"Although you just smashed your alarm clock and it seemed that you didn't get hurt, I'm going to let it slide. But what I'm not letting slide is the fact that you promised to show me around so get your ass out of the bed and lets go." He was practically jumping on his bed and only then I noticed that he was already fully clothed.

"We could have easily done that later. Like late later. So you are weird" But instead of closing my eyes I stood up and went to the cupboard. I took out my sweatpants and a long sleeved crop top and walked over to my bed where I changed out of my last night's attire from which I was too tired to changed out yesterday.

When I finally was ready I turned around and noticed that my roommate was staring at me with his mouth ajar.

"What? Is something wrong?"

"Umm" *cough* "N-no?"

"And the truth please?"

"How could you change clothes in front of me so easily? You don't even know me. And you are a girl"

I shrugged "well after you spend two years in here there is nothing left to be ashamed for. People know almost everything about you. Your dirtiest secrets, insecurities, dreams and so on. And finally they even know your body and looks. I have seen those people here change clothes more than I can count. And finally, after everything is revealed you just learn not to care because people can't judge you. And why they can't? It's because we are here. Inside of this institution. And almost everyone is here for a reason. So judging would be a very hypocritical thing to do."

And it was the truth. It sucked. But you'll get used to it.

He just nodded and dropped the subject. Smart move.

"Well let's go. First we are going to eat breakfast and they you'll be my excuse for skipping group therapy"

"Sure"

We walked out of the room and I showed the way to the big cafeteria. This institution held 213 teenagers in it so the cafeteria had to be big. I already saw that most of the tables were filled with people but to my delight nobody dared to touch our table.

Before I came, Bree may have smashed her plate on a girls head when she came here. She wanted her privacy and she started to show that by erasing people from around her lunch table.

Then I came and she had to let me in because I was stubborn and crazy and just wouldn't leave. I took time but I'm here now.

And Jack was the luckiest. Because Bree was attracted to him the moment they met, it granted him a free pass to the table. If only I was a guy...

Now I'm granting access to him because he is my roomie and there is no stopping me. But Bree and Jack might be surprised because she didn't invite her last roommate to the table. But that was because he was kind of a wuss. We didn't like each other. At all.

I walked to the end of the line and found out that they served porridge with honey/butter/sugar/jam. It was actually pretty good compared to the other options.