Chapter 8 ~Harry~

As they called the kids to be sorted, I kind of tuned out. I kept thinking about Gabby, the girl I met at the beach. I kept puzzling over the fact that I had seen her before, that I actually know her. Then a name jerks me out of my trance.

"Potter-" I start walking up the stairs and stop as Professor McGonogall calls "Gabrielle!"

I was extrememly confused. Another Potter? Then I saw the girl. Gabby. The one I met at the beach. I watch in amazement as she mounts the stairs and sits on the stool. As soon as the hat touches those dark blonde curls, it cries, "Gryffindor!"

She skips off to the Gryffindor table who applaud loudly, and sits next to "Finnigan, Seamus!"

"Potter, Harry!" My heart beating rather fast, I make my way up the stairs to the stool. The hat slips on my head.

Ahh, the second Potter! Oh, I remember your parents. Both fine people, obviously in Gryffindor. And you sister, too. said the Hat.

I was slightly confused. Sister? I didn't have a sister. Or did I?

Great mind, I can see bravery there too. But you'd do well in Slytherin.

NO! I thought desperately. Not Slytherin!

Not Slytherin, eh?  said the Hat.  Guess we better put you in GRYFFINDOR!"

I sigh with relief, and go over to sit  next to one of Ron's brothers.

"Potter, Jason!" calls ProfessorMcGonogall.

OK, now I am extremely extremely confused.

I watch 'Potter, Jason!' mount the stairs. I can only see the back of his head, but I can tell he's really full of himself, by the way he walks up the stairs with a bit of a swagger. Only as he sits down on the stool with a self-satisfied smirk, do I realise who it is.

It's Jason, from my old school. Yep, the one that Gabby punched. The hat sits for a while on Jason's head, until it finally calls, "SLYTHERIN!"

I can see the shock on Jason's face as he makes his way over to the Slytherin table. I see Malfoy move over to make room for him, and Jason sits next to Malfoy.

After we have had pudding and are supposed to go to bed, the hook-nosed teacher that Percy called Professor Snape comes up to me.

"Potter, you are supposed to go and see the Headmaster in his office. Your Head of House will show you there," says Professor Snape. I walk up to the Professor McGonogall, feeling slightly bewildered. What did the Headmaster want to se me for?

As I reach Professor McGonogall, I see that Gabby is there too. I look around, and Professor Snape is leading Jason out of the Great Hall.

"Come with me, Gabby and Harry," says Professor McGonogall. We follow her out of the Great Hall, and through some chambers and a whole lot of stairs, until we reach a gargoyle.

"Lemon drops," says Professor McGonogall. It seems to be some sort of password because the gargoyle lets us through. We walk up some more stairs and into an office.

I see Jason sitting down in a chair already, with Professor Dumbledore opposite. We are deposited in a chair and Professor McGonogall leaves.

"Now, I am guessing you may be a little confused," says Dumbledore gravely.

"No!" Jason bursts out. "I could never be confused!"

I look at Gabby and she is smirking at Jason, who does look a little confused.

"OK," Dumbledore continues. "The answer to all your unasked questions; you are all triplets."

I am stunned into silence. I glance at Gabby. She is smiling.

"I guess you already knew, then?" I ask Gabby.

She nods, her eyes dancing. "After you said your parents died in a car crash and your last name is Potter."

I nod. Now I know where I get the feeling that I've seen her before from.

Then another memory hits me and I am once more shocked into silence.

Because now I remember.

When Voldemort killed my parents-he killed Gabby too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this chapters a cliffhanger for Harry but not for us because we already know

this chapter is dedicated to Sproulie

anyway I have to go, sorry no pictures on the side :(

From turnip51