Chapter 11 ~Olivia~

Olivia

I examine my nails without taking the slightest interest in what's going on around me. Hmmm...some of my nail polish is chipped. I take my nail polish out of my pocket and re-paint it. That's better. Chipped nail polish is a sign of tackiness. That's my personal motto.

I come back to the world just in time to see Gabby walking away. Kelly and Seamus immediately start talking again, and I join in, not liking to be left out. Aria walks over and sits next to Dean, because I know that they both don't talk a lot.

"Oh, my mum sent me a letter with a picture of Mango shaking hands with my sister! It's so exciting! The photo is soooo adorable! Mum says that you have to put a doggie treat in your hand, get Mango to sit, grab his paw, and he'll shake so he gets the doggie treat!" Kelly enthuses.

"Cool!" says Seamus enthusiastically.

"My dog doesn't really do anything," I chime in. "He basically just sits and eats."

"What type of dog is it?" Kelly queries.

"Sausage dog. His name's HotDog," I reply.

Seamus snorts. "My mum told me the perfect dog to get if you don't want a dog is a sausage dog because it doesn't do anything."

"Why is it called HotDog?" Kelly asks me.

I shrug. "My brother named him when he was three years old . He saw the dog and said "Hot dog!" and HotDog jumped up and started barking, so we called him that."

I can vaguely hear Aria and Dean's voices rising. I tune into their conversation.

"Yeah, and Seamus doesn't have the hots for Kelly," Aria is saying sarcastically.

"Hey!" Seamus butts in. "How did you know about that?"

"You like me?" says Kelly, looking interested.

"Ummm," Seamus throws Dean a filthy look. "Why did you tell her that?"

"I didn't!" says Dean, outraged.

"Nup, Neville told me!" says Aria.

Kelly and Seamus start arguing and Aria ad Dean continue their conversation. I look over to the lake, and I can see Jason Potter and Draco Malfoy. Ahhh...Jason is sooo hot! Malfoy's okay-looking, I guess.

I get my brush out of my pocket and start brushing my hair. I wish it wouldn't get frizzy! Gabby is so lucky, her hair just stays in those perfect curls and never gets frizzy. Kelly, Seamus, Dean and Aria aren't paying much attention to me, so I get my diary out of my other pocket and begin to write.

Dear Diary,

Today was pretty normal; Everyone teasing me, everyone ticklng Aria, Kelly and Seamus arguing and so on.

I saw Jason again today. I think I'm in love with him! The only thing is, he's a Slytherin, and Mama told me to keep away from the Slytherns.

It's not fair! Everybody is in love with Gabby, Aria and Kelly! They never wear any make-up, do their hair real neat, and they don't wear nice clothes! Nobody likes me, and I try my hardest!

I need to make everyone like me. But how? Should I spread rumours? I don't know...

Anyway, gotta go now.

Love Olivia.

Everybody gets up to go to lunch. I walk behind Aria, trying to mimic the way she is walking to be more like her. Suddenly, I can see Gabby in the shadows behind the door.