Chapter 6

I woke up to the smell of bacon frying and found myself in the exact same place I found myself in yesterday afternoon - Daehyun's house. I glanced at the clock. 8am, perfect. Still an hour before work. I stretched, got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen where Daehyun was making breakfast. He looked so hot toss-frying the bacon in his skin-hugging tank top. I sneaked up from behind him and hugged him tightly, resting my cheek on his back and taking in his scent. He turned off the stove, scooped the bacon onto the two plates of scrambled egg and put the pan back onto the stove before turning around to face me.

"Good morning, baby," he breathed sexily, pressing his lips against mine. Damn, that woke me up real good. I broke away from the kiss and grinned at him. I pushed his arms away from around my waist and took my plate.

"Smells good," I said, walking out of the kitchen and setting the plate on the table.

"Of course it does," Daehyun said, sitting opposite me with his plate, "I cooked it," he continued with a wink. I giggled at his ego and started eating. Wow, he was a really good cook.

"I need to go to work at 9," I said, finishing up my breakfast.

"Sure thing, I walk you there."

"Obviously you have to, you're my boyfriend now," I said playfully, pinching his cheek from across the table. After the kiss last night, he asked the question and we walked back to his house as a couple. I stared into his eyes as I recalled what happened last night. He was so perfect, I felt like he deserved someone better than me. Someone just as perfect as him.

"Come here, ____," he said, patting the seat next to him. I got up and walked over, flopping myself down on the chair.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked softly, grabbing my chin with his thumb and his index finger to make me look at him. I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Why me, Daehyun?" I asked after a moment of silence. Daehyun didn't reply. He took my hand and played with my fingers.

"Because you need a man to protect you and to support you. I know maybe I'm not worthy enough for you, but you need someone, and if you don't have anyone, you still have me," he said finally. I sat back upright and cupped both his cheeks.

"Daehyun..." I whispered and hugged him as tightly as I could. I didn't want to let him go. I didn't want him to be his brother's scapegoat anymore. I loved him and I wanted to fight for him. And he was willing to do the same for me. He wanted to stop me from thinking about my heartless father and all the things he did to my mother for money. He wanted to hold me when I felt useless. We stayed in each other's embrace until Daehyun's phone rang. I let go and watched him pick it up.

"Hello?" Daehyun said into the phone. His smile disappeared as he heard the person from the phone. He stood up abruptly and his eyes widened. Soon he was shaking in fear. He hung up without a word and put his phone down on the table shakily.

"Daehyun?" I frowned, standing up and holding him by the shoulders, "what's wrong?" Daehyun looked at me with helpless eyes.

"He lied to them. He...he's coming over right now," he said quickly. I didn't understand a word.

"Daehyun, what are you saying?" I asked, squeezing his hand to calm him down.

"My brother's escaped," he mouthed.