Introduction

Life is an art.
Brings different meanings to different people.

I see it through music. Music is like a kaleidoscope. It helps me to see, in a very distinctive way. It does not project a vivid image of the actual view, but it gives me a whole new perspective of seeing it. The lyrics, are like narrations. Sometimes the lyrics understands me more than anyone could ever do. Words that were written by some creative people with exquisite minds, and probably based their writings on things they had been through, they had witnessed , they had been contemplating about, that is so relatable to my life.

Being young and exposed to so much harshness of life, I have a lot to express. Things that I never thought I would be feeling, or experienced at such a young age. Youth is my power, and youth is my vulnerability. Questioning myself - will people ever love me when I am no longer young and beautiful?
Well, youth is a spirit, and a spirit is not something to be determined by age. Youth, is forever.

"LANA" is a minor collection of poetry, based on my youth, my personal moments with the ones who mean a lot to me, with a lyrical concept of not truly, but derived from the vibes and the beauty of Lana Del Rey's music.

Life is an art.
With different meanings to different people.

- Alif Afifi -

×_×