Chapter Twelve: Johnny

I sat in a stupor on the end of Mo's bed.
    "I think it might be time for us to go home," I said. She gaped at me.
    "What?! No! I'm not leaving the gang," she said.
    "But think about it. We're not gonna be able to change the story. It will never happen, Mo," I said.
    "Yes we can! We can!" She exclaimed. I sighed and got up and retrieved my crutches.
    "I'm gonna go visit Johnny's grave. I'll see you later," I said. Darry waited outside for me.
    "Is she doing well?" He asked.
    "Yeah. She's doing fine," I said. Darry scooped me up and carried me to the car.
    "You sure you can handle seeing his grave?" Darry asked.
    "Don't worry. I can handle it," I said. Darry nodded, looking unsure. He then drove us to the cemetery. I grabbed my crutches and got out of the car. Darry followed behind. I crutches as fast as I could to his grave. It was polished grey stone. Johnny Cade, son, boyfriend, best friend, it read. I knelt by it. Then I broke down. I missed him so much. When I was reading the book, his death made me hurt a bit and shed a few tears. But now I sobbed uncontrollably. I couldn't take it, honestly. I couldn't take the fact that the one boy I had dreamt of meeting and being with is dead. I laid down on top of his grave and let my tears sink into the earth. Suddenly I felt compelled to stand up. I did and leaned on my crutch. I watched in awe as a figure made of water took form. It looked like a human! Suddenly the water turned to skin and clothes colors. Johnny stood before me, looking himself up and down. I did it! I changed the story! I ran forward and kissed Johnny. He pushed away, disgusted.
    "Who the heck are you?" He hissed. What could he mean? Didn't he know me? I was his flipping girlfriend!
    "I'm your girlfriend," I said. Johnny laughed.
    "I don't have one," he said. I staggered back.
    "Hi Darry," Johnny said, waving to an awestruck Darry behind him. Then I knew why he didn't recognize me. The price for reviving him must've been that he wouldn't know me. I cried and began to crutch back to the car. Johnny went to talk to Darry. I opened the from seat's door and crawled in, sobs shaking my shoulders. The door then opened and I saw Johnny looking at me.
    "Hey," he said, his voice gentle. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Darry tells me you and I were a couple. And I like you. I would like t be a couple, if you-," he began. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. He pulled back a bit and kissed me. I loved every heart-warming and heart-breaking moment. I needed Mo. Then she could resurrect Dally!
-----------------------------------------
Hey guys!!!!! Hope you are enjoying my fanfic so far. I need you guys to go read my original story Princess of the Myths. I'll post the next chapter when I get to 700 reads, which shouldn't be hard for you guys, since the last time I checked I was at 691. And, just to let you know, I have the next chapter written and ready and just need to get to 700!
-KendraSorenson1