What happened? And merry birthday

I might just stop the A/N because I don't know what to say in them. And for anyone who's curious the term 'Merry Birthday' is just an inside joke that me and my friends use when it's our birthdays.
Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick woke up from the darkness only to find himself in the bright white hospital room. It took a few moments for his eyes to adjust when he saw Pete standing nearby with a slight smile on his face. Patrick sat up and rested on his elbows before looking around.
He had survived which he thought was amazing.
"Hello Pete. What happened?" Patrick asked after adjusting to the room.
"It'll be alright Patrick. I'll explain later," Pete answered smiling.
"Alright Pete. Is Andy and Joe alright?" Patrick questioned furrowing his brow.
"They are a bit upset because they think you're dead but other than that they are fine," Pete answered.
"We need to call them. They need to know I'm alive," patrick answered.
Pete nodded and reached into his pocket and took out his phone. He unlocked it and dialled Andy's number. As it rang Pete handed the phone over to Patrick, who accepted it eagerly.
"Hello?" Andy asked.
"Hello Andy," patrick answered as he smiled.
"Patrick?" He asked.
"Yep it's me," Patrick replied as he popped the 'P'.
"Oh my god that's amazing!" He cried.
"What's amazing?" Joe asked in the background of the call.
"Patrick's alive," Andy answered.
"That's great!" Joe cried.
"I've gotta go Andy I'll talk later," patrick told him.
He didn't even wait on Andy to answer before he hung up and handed the phone back to Pete while he thanked him. Patrick smiled and Pete kissed his cheek. He didn't even know why he had left Pete in the first place all that time ago.

*2 weeks later*

"You're free to go home now Mr Stump," a nurse told patrick and He nodded eagerly.
He stood up and quickly changed before heading out of the hospital to find Pete standing by the doors waiting on him.
Patrick smiled broadly before he ran up to Pete and hugged him tightly. Pete hugged Patrick back and carried him to the car. Patrick kept smiling broadly as Pete placed him in the passenger seat of the car. As Pete climbed into the car and began driving, Patrick had a lot of questions flooding his mind.
"Pete. What happened exactly the day I got shot?" Patrick asked curiously.
"Well me and Joe had been taken captive and you came along with Andy to save us. I was passed out on the floor but I woke up just as you jumped in the way and you got shot by Luke. The police questioned him just as the ambulance me took you out the room and I followed you to make sure that you were alright. I couldn't risk loosing you again Patrick. If you were pronounced dead I'd be following soon afterwards because I know that if I don't then I'll be grieving for the rest of my life," Pete told him with fear in his voice.
"I swear to god Pete I don't want to lose you either. I've realised that I should never have left you the day I did and I truly regret it. I promise you Pete I will never leave again. No matter how tough things are I'm not leaving. And when we get home I will sing a cover to prove it," Patrick told him.
Pete nodded and the two of them soon arrived home. Once they got inside Patrick dragged Pete upstairs to the music studio they had and Patrick picked up his guitar.

'I'm not leaving

Every time you say to me it's over,
You just wanna start again, it's just lies
The girl who cries wolf everyday
Ignored by gravity, but in the end, don't ask why

You say you wanna, but do you wanna run away?
Your great escape, oh yeah
Where you going? Always running
Find a way to call it quits again

So look at me in the eye
Is there anyone there at all 
Cause I'm not dreaming
So look at me in the eye
Is there anyone there at all 
Cause I'm not leaving

(Cause I'm not leaving)

Does it have to be this tragedy?
This endless lost parade
A castle of facade of make believe
The truth is spelled out in your eyes
Why don't you just reach out and make it clear to me?
What are you telling me?

You say you wanna, but do you wanna run away?
Your great escape, oh yeah
Where you going? Always running
Find a way to call it quits again

So look at me in the eye
Is there anyone there at all 
Cause I'm not dreaming
So look at me in the eye
Is there anyone there at all 
Cause I'm not leaving

(Cause I'm not leaving
Cause I'm not leaving)

Is anyone there at all? Is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there? Is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there at all? Is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there at all? Cause I'm not dreaming
Is anyone there at all? Is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there? Is anyone there at all?

Look at me in the eye, is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there at all? I'm not dreaming
Look at me in the eye, is anyone there at all?
Is anyone there at all? Cause I'm not leaving.'

As Patrick finished singing, he noticed tears forming in Petes eyes. He immediately jumped up from his seat and hugged Pete tightly.
"I'm so sorry Pete for upsetting you," Patrick cooed in his ear.
"It's okay Lunchbox. You did a great job on that song. It was so beautiful that it made me cry," Pete told him and Patrick nodded
"How about we go out for a meal?" He suggested and Pete nodded.

*time skip*

"Pete is there something wrong? You're hardly eating," Patrick asked Pete with a worried tone in his voice.
"I'm fine," he answered lazily.
"Are you sure?" Patrick asked as he bit his lip and pete shook his head.
"What's wrong?" Patrick questioned.
"I fear every day that I will lose you and I fear that you will hate me eventually and I fear that you won't be around for long," whispered Pete.
"No Pete. That's all wrong. You will never lose me. I will never hate you. I will be here for a long time," Patrick told him truthfully.
Pete nodded and a smile appeared on his face before the two of them finished their meals and headed back to Petes home. The two of them entered and both went to finish unpacking the boxes that they hadn't unpacked before the tour. They both knew that the tour was postponed for a few weeks until Patrick was a lot better than what he was. All their fans had accepted that and Patrick was pleased by the outcome.

*Time Lapse - Petes birthday on tour*

"Happy birthday Pete!" Andy and Joe called together as Patrick and Pete walked though holding hands.
"I have to get your present babe. Stay here," Patrick told Pete and made his way to the bunks.
Patrick crouched down next to his suitcases and opened them up. He dug around a little before he found exactly what he was looking for. A small black box. He placed it in his back pocket before he made his way back through to the living area of the tour bus.
"Pete sit down," patrick instructed and he did so.
Patrick knelt down before him and smiled slightly before he took the box out of his back pocket and opened it.
"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III will you marry me?" Patrick asked.
"Yes! A thousand times yes!" He cried out as he hugged Patrick.
"Merry birthday baby," Patrick answered smiling. "Glad you like it."