Chapter 1: Puppies and Kittens

"If availability of ammo is all that matters than the 22 is the way to go. But if you really want to make an expression then check out this smoak wagon." Addy had convinced me to come with her, Mack, and Doc shopping today. This meant I had to wash up, and change into clean clothes. I had a clean white tank top on, a pair of clean cut off jean short shorts, my boots, by belt, and my gloves.

I watched as the man went on about weapons. I kept to finding bullets while they talked. I saw him take out a bat with spikes. I watched as she swung it by her side slightly. "Wow. It's light."

"Ya the spikes are made from beer cans. It's made to stab the Z and get it out easily. Nothing is worst than piking a Z and not able to get the blade out. Cause you have to drag it down, put your foot on it's chest, and yank it out and by that point you're dead." He does have a point. I thought as I watched her nod.

"Sure do hate that." I nod and held out some meds for my bullets. The man nod before going back to arguing with Doc. I put the bullets in my left pouch.

"Watch out." I turned and saw a Z run out. Addy turned and swung her bat. The Z feel quickly and the bat didn't even stick. That defiantly is a good thing.

"Nice, you alright?" Mack asked.

"Yaya. That was a fast one." She said before turning to the curly haired man. "Brutal." I nod and went over beside him.

"Ya great job sis." She smiled and hugged me sideways and kissed my temple.

"Thanks Z." I nod. I hated being called Z now. My name is Zero so it's really the only nickname for me other than Ro or Ze, but Ze is the same as Z.

"Told ya. Isn't that Red Hanson?" The man questioned and the other looked shocked.

"Zeees got Red? He was our best customer. Tough as bullets. I wonder if his brothers know?"

"Ya they do here they come now?" I turned and shot my rifle hitting it and knocking it down. Mack hit the next one with his gun. One came running out and I shot that one too.

"Closing time!" The man called before packing up everything and heading out.

"The way that big one move he couldn't have been turned for more than a few hours." I nod in agreement. Addy did her little video before Mack told us that we had to get going. We started back to camp with our bags. I didn't really have any bags other than my pouches. I kept my gun on my back. It's the only thing I really carry.

I don't say much, but when I do Addy says she loves it because it sounds like music. I just don't like talking much. I'm more quiet. I don't thinking speaking when you have nothing to say is all that important. I also am not a really people person. I prefer to keep more to myself.

Camp Blue sky came into view and I looked at it shock. It was burning up. Doc quickly radio in on getting a hold of Garnet. "Let's go." When the radio became bad. We walked hurrying down the road before taking off running. I was actually wishing to have my raven black hair up at this point.

We stopped as we saw the bus driving by. "Look their's the escape bus... and they got the kids out." Addy said, but I covered my mouth in shock when I saw a Z sticking it's head out.

"No." I whispered as the others saw it.

We ran trying to catch up to the bus and save the kids before they got bit. The bus started swerving and soon it crashed into a tree. We grew closer when the doors burst open and all the children ran out now Zs. "Run!" I yelled seeing a bunch. We turned and ran the other way. I felt tired from the running, but didn't stop. I looked over and saw them gaining. We ran up the hill and stop when we saw four waiting there for us. I was about to start shooting when Garnet rode up with the truck.