Chapter 3: Philly Feast

I woke up my head on 10k's shoulder and his arm around me. "My arm was falling to sleep." He muttered when he saw my confused face. He smiled down at me. I rubbed my eyes. It was a habit of mine for a long time. It made me childish looking, but it was something I couldn't exactly stop. I sighed.

"Where are we?"

"Philly sweety." It was then that I noticed Mack and Addy watching us. Addy was smiling, but Mack was glaring at 10k. I blushed and pulled away from 10k. 10k took his arm off me blushing slightly.

"Is that what I think it is?" I heard Warren said and I turned and my eyes widen when I saw what they were talking about. There on the back of a truck was the Liberty Bell.

"Wow... Is that really the Liberty Bell?" Mack asked no longer glaring at 10k. 10k, Doc, and I stood to see more clearly.

"Proclaimed liberty through all the land and undo all the habits of there. Ya that's it." Garnet said and I smiled.

"That's so cool." I whispered and I saw 10k smile.

"Ya... it is." He spoke softly to me and I smiled up at him. Since 10k got here I have been happier. We talked a bit, we're always in the back together so we of course talked a lot. He was nice, but quiet. Like me. He and I are so alike.

"Three years of a zombie Apocalypse you think you've seen everything." Doc says getting off the truck with Warren getting out of the truck.

"Well when everything went bad they probably tried to save a little history." Warren said as she walked closer to it.

"Ya well they should have known the only thing you can save is yourself. Let's go." Murphy said making me roll my eyes.

"He's annoying." I muttered and I saw a heart stopping grin come onto 10k's face.

"Ya, but I've seen worst. You think he's annoying you should meet my uncle. He was the worst." He said shaking his head. "Mean bastard." He muttered and I think that part was supposed to be more to himself than to me.

"Hang on. If this thing still has fuel and it does and we can it started then we won't have to worry about being out in the open." Warren said and I nod in agreement.

"I'm all for that." Doc said nodding as he put his hands on the back.

"I'll grab the jumper cable." Mack said jumping off the truck.

"God bless the human race. 99% of that is dead, but there is still one jackass alive with a spray can." Doc says shaking his head. Warren goes to open the door, but a Z is there giving me a jolt and I see everyone go for their weapons, but 10k is faster. 10k pulls out a sling shot and shoots a round rock looking thing at it and it dies.

"1,075."

"Holy hell that was so cool." I say like a little kid on Christmas morning and 10k laughed looking at me. His laugh was so amazing, but his eyes are better. I stared at them for a while before blushing and looking back at the group.

"Thank you." Warren said almost in a whisper before nodding to the others. They work on trying to get it started. Warren, Garnet, and Murphy gets into the new truck.

"We're not really going to California with that Murphy guy are we?" The new girl asked. Doc was driving, while 10k and I sat in the front beside him. Doc said I was small so 10k and I could sit in the front with him while new girl sits in the back. I think it's his subtle hint at saying he wants to ship us together. I think it's annoying how he wants that, but maybe his crazy plan will work... maybe we will end up together. I looked over at 10k and smiled slightly before looking back at the other two.